Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Lac Qui Parle Lake
LSF Member
Just a heads up for fishermen looking to head to LQP lake.
I got a heads up from a friend of mine with fisheries that they are working on the dam on the south end of the lake.
They have it closed and expect the water to go up 1.5 feet by the end of the week. He told me to expect the shorelines to be open with the rising water. The water is already coming up on the ice and people are taking off their fish houses.

At my house walleye is already in the neighborhood of $500 a pound. Swimming in the winter will only add to the cost, stay safe.

Posted on: 2016/12/21 8:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lac Qui Parle Lake
LSF Member
Thanks for the info. I had heard that there was some dam work going on and there was some speculation as to what that may do to the ice/water level. Its to bad, i was fixing on heading out that way and trying my luck. Might have to head in a different direction now.

Posted on: 2016/12/21 21:03

LSF Member
From Granite Falls/Breckenridge
Can't word on the ice conditions out there now?

Posted on: 1/1 17:22:59

LSF Member
Has anyone been out on LQP latey and know what the ice conditions are. I'm heading out that way this weekend and was wondering what the the lake looked like after the water issues.

Posted on: 1/10 22:38:21

LSF Member
ice is better. Reports are 14 - 15 inches of ice. lots of houses on the south end and they are driving all over. Not sure what the snow yesterday and now again today looks like out there.

Posted on: 1/11 7:28:04

LSF Member
Thanks walleyebuster. I appreciate the info. I was thinking of trying out by the bridge in the portable and staying in the sleeper in one of the areas we usually fish, is there any reports coming out of there?

Posted on: 1/11 23:11:35

LSF Member
Reports are - half the guys say the fishing sucks, half the guys say its good. Moonlight is a factor right now...

Posted on: 1/12 17:01:05

LSF Member
Well looks like i got a 50/50 shot then. Thanks for the report spur60.

Posted on: 1/12 23:02:49

LSF Member
Talked to a guy last night that said the crappies were just going nuts on the south end. The trick is you have to be on the spot on the spot. A few feet makes a huge difference. Yesterday there was a lot of mixed information about the Army Corp messing with the water levels again. They are inspecting or working on the dam. One message said to expect water levels to rise over the top of the ice. Just make sure you are aware of your surroundings.

Posted on: 1/13 8:00:49

LSF Member

Posted on: 1/14 8:11:48

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page