Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Pre-breaded frozen northern fillets
LSF Member
From Annandale
Just wondering if anyone has ever attempted breading fish fillets before freezing them?

I caught a couple of northerns yesterday. After cleaning them, I breaded half for supper and fried them up. As I was frying them, the idea occurred to me to bread them first then freeze them.

Does this work? Any suggestions on frying them after freezing (thaw first or fry frozen)?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/12/24 6:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Pre-breaded frozen northern fillets
LSF Member
If you are already frying some just fry all the fish and freeze the left overs. Less mess when reheating the fish in the oven than frying fish again.

Posted on: 2016/12/24 7:28

Re: Pre-breaded frozen northern fillets
LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
The only thing I'll bread before freezing is ground and formed fish Patty's I'd rather eat a fillet myself but sometimes it's nice to have something different and those I will put straight into deep fryer or a cast iron skillet partially frozen

Posted on: 2016/12/24 8:47

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page