Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: What flasher to buy
LSF Member
So I ended up getting the fl-20. I used my buddies a couple times and was use to it and really liked it. I would have liked to get one with digital and gps but they are just too expensive and I like the tried and true brand of vexilar. Thanks for all the info guys. I have used it a bunch since I bought it and love it. The bottom zooms are awesome!

Posted on: 1/2 22:47:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Shakopee, MN
You'll love the FL-20. Have used mine for 10 years with no issues - only needed to replace the battery because I accidently forgot to turn the master switch off before storing during the off-season.

Posted on: 1/7 17:54:30

<`)))><

LSF Member
I agree about the FL-20. Rock solid, dependable, outstanding battery life. I am color blind in green primarily and the service center changed out green LEDs for blue and that made it perfect. I was out with a Marcum user a couple of weeks ago, he has the huge top of the line one. Well after 5 hours of fishing it locked up, he non-chalantly stated that it was time to change batteries. I guess it is like my use of a dumb cellphone, I get 4-5 days on a charge while the smart phone users are scrambling daily.

Posted on: 1/18 21:14:43

LSF Member
Forgot to mention I use the Genz box mount as it keeps things even simpler and bullet proof. The only thing I did was put in bannana jacks so I can plug my charger in directly without battery clips and I mounted a rod holder.

Posted on: 1/18 21:16:37

LSF Member
Quote:

busse3775 wrote:
I have the FL-18 with the Genz pack and absolutely love it. I would never buy a unit without the 6' bottom zoom.

Busse3775,

I am not as familiar with the Vexilars.
Is the zoom on the Vexilars movable like it is on the Marcums?

Having the movable zoom is great when there are suspended fish like crappies. I can move up the zoom window anywhere in the water column to key in on the area the fish are in.

Posted on: 1/18 22:16:42

LSF Member
Quote:

YellowBobber wrote:
Quote:

busse3775 wrote:
I have the FL-18 with the Genz pack and absolutely love it. I would never buy a unit without the 6' bottom zoom.

Busse3775,

I am not as familiar with the Vexilars.
Is the zoom on the Vexilars movable like it is on the Marcums?

Having the movable zoom is great when there are suspended fish like crappies. I can move up the zoom window anywhere in the water column to key in on the area the fish are in.

unless the newest one has it I believe they are all only bottom lock I think either bottom 6 or bottom 12.

This in my opinion is a huge reason Marcum is king at least if you fish suspended fish. Once you go to movable zoom you will never want to go back. I sure wouldn't trade my lx6 for a vexilar

Posted on: 1/19 7:25:00

LSF Member
You are already bought one so this wont matter to you. I have a marcum LX-3 i love it have had it for about 8 years BUT if i was to buy a new one i really like the Hummingbird's display.

Posted on: 1/19 10:00:13

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page