Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Red lake condition after storm?
LSF Member
From Wright County, MN
Anybody have a report ont the condition of Red lake after this storm. I'm soposed to be hitting the ice in the morning. Just wondering if they got all this rain, or did it snow. Is it slushy, snow drifts, etc. any first hand info would be great. I've been watching the resorts reports and they haven't been posting much the last couple day I sopose because of the holidays.

Thanks, Drifter

Posted on: 2016/12/26 9:00

Re: Red lake condition after storm?
LSF Member
From Central Minnesota/Big Lake
Interested as well.....also, has anyone drove up today? Going to drive up? Be interested to hear what the roads are like? My son is driving up from Fergus Falls today and I am heading up tomorrow morning from Big Lake.

Posted on: 2016/12/26 10:28

LSF Member
From Wright County, MN
Quote:

lovefishingman wrote:
Interested as well.....also, has anyone drove up today? Going to drive up? Be interested to hear what the roads are like? My son is driving up from Fergus Falls today and I am heading up tomorrow morning from Big Lake.

Hey. I'm headed up from Maple Lake. Leaving probably 3 am ish? I wanna drive up at night because I'm hoping my 5 and 8 year old sleep most of the way. I will PM you my number if you want to convoy together.

Posted on: 2016/12/26 10:41

LSF Member
They only got one inch of snow on the lake. Not sure about surrounding areas and driving up but the lake should be fine.

Posted on: 2016/12/26 11:09
V4 Lakemaster WI
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
PM sent...

Posted on: 2016/12/26 11:50

LSF Member
My son talked to someone at Rodgers about 1/2 hour ago and they told him a group just arrived and the came from south of the cities and left at 1AM, the roads were not in very good condition.

Posted on: 2016/12/26 11:57

LSF Member
From central mn
Word is to call ahead,some resorts closed they're roads yesterday..wind drifting snow makes it dicey out there.

Posted on: 2016/12/26 12:08

LSF Member
From Wright County, MN
Any real on the ice updates? I know there's a couple of us on here that are banding together for the treck up in the AM between 3am and noon. I had several PM's. And if any one else would needs help on their pilgrimage up in the morning pm me I'll see what I can do. I will check in a couple times here and there.

Posted on: 2016/12/26 18:30

Administrator
We were on a good 14 to 15 inches and that was three days ago so probably made another two at least. Just talked to a buddy of mine who fishes everyday on that lake and snow is fine. Good luck and let us know how you are doing. This info., came from North part of lake.........Kirk

Posted on: 2016/12/26 20:03

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

Administrator
Portavilla report:

Well we got missed by the storms and have about 3" of everyday Minnesota winter with some drifting and 16+" of ice in most places. All limitations have been lifted and we have fisherman fishing with in 4 miles of the resort. Stay away from piled up ice and spread out for better fishing. We recommend crossing pressure ridges at bridges we have never seen anyone gun it and jump one!?! We also have a DJ Friday and Saturday nights.

Jason has this to say about the fishing. It has slowed down some, but some houses are still pulling good numbers, get away from the crowd find you're self a little hole, 14 feet of water has been best 3 miles out, is where the main concentration of fish have been holding, clam rattling blade spoon pink and gold, has been the hottest lure in his arsenal, bigger fish have been more and more present, 17-22inches, have been getting on nice schools of perch all 11-13 inches. Fish have been caught suspended, 1.5-3 feet off the bottom. Set lines purple and yellow hooks with gold beads have been best. Fat heads have been dominant but have also had good luck on 3-5 inch sucker minnows. Crappie minnows and shiners have also produced a good amount of fish.

Posted on: 2016/12/26 20:09

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page