Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Any luck out on red?
LSF Member
From Northern MN
Thx for the offer, but we are baking a couple tonight. We picked up 2 this afternoon.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 17:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Fished 12/29 from 9 to 530. Ended up with 4 fish between two of us and we each lost one more. Only graphed 3 others that would not commit. Pretty SLOW, but lucky we were able to fish portables with the wind.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 9:26

LSF Member
Officially dead nothing in 12 hrs, time to make a move. Dads house picked up 1 since 5:00 yesterday.
Mndrifter, nice to meet and visit with you last night hope all is well and your having better luck than us.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 11:06

LSF Member
My brother and I were up Tuesday PM and left Thursday AM, only 3 keepers, worse fishing in 6 years of Red, first time no limits (and fish fry to boot). Must say cleaning area had many limits so we were probably in wrong areas. The drive back on Thursday AM was awful. Three wheelhouses in ditch between Rogers Corner Acess and Bemidji. We were almost rear ended when we slowed for the first ditched house, guy behind me did not look ahead at the commotion on the road and was headed right for me at high rate of speed until he hit the ditch. Slowed him quickly. The travel on the ice was getting bad with the wind and snow drifting. Too much traffic, will be my last year up there as I don't need white knuckle driving on icy roads with houses roaring down the road at excessive speeds for the conditions.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 12:58

LSF Member
Fishing out of West Wind about a mile out. Started at 1 today and now it's 5:15. No fish. A couple of bites. Otherwise nothing. 12 FOW. She's dead captain!

Posted on: 2016/12/30 18:15

LSF Member
Quote:

bullwinkled wrote:
. The drive back on Thursday AM was awful. Three wheelhouses in ditch between Rogers Corner Acess and Bemidji. We were almost rear ended when we slowed for the first ditched house, guy behind me did not look ahead at the commotion on the road and was headed right for me at high rate of speed until he hit the ditch. Slowed him quickly. The travel on the ice was getting bad with the wind and snow drifting. Too much traffic, will be my last year up there as I don't need white knuckle driving on icy roads with houses roaring down the road at excessive speeds for the conditions.

There are a lot of people that agree with you and are calling for a LARGE increase of law enforcement on the highways.
This was posted on the Beltrami County Sheriffs Facebook page a few hours ago so I would guess that there will be a lot of law enforcement in the area.

Beltrami County Sheriff's Office added 2 new photos.
4 hrs

PULLING A FISH HOUSE???
PLEASE USE CAUTION AND SLOW DOWN...
We've seen a large number of spin outs and crashes involving fish houses yesterday and today. Please use caution and slow down.

Posted on: 2016/12/30 20:45

LSF Member
From Owatonna
Damn, Do I stop at Leech and fish or drive to Red?? So much negativity, just read the new York times and then wall street journal. Drink beer and hope to catch fish. Be there tomorrow. Who's house can I fish next too???

Posted on: 2016/12/30 21:10

LSF Member
Fished JR'S, from 12-28 through 12-29, we ended up doing alright. Kept 25 eyes, 5 nice perch. We also caught a 32in pike, fresh water drum and a goldeye. Have fished red for quite a few years and have never seen a drum or a goldeye in that lake.

Posted on: 2016/12/31 10:01

LSF Member
Rarely are drum caught on Red ice fishing , but if you fish red during the open water season you will quickly see just how abundant they are in the lakes fishery..

Posted on: 2016/12/31 11:38

LSF Member
My dad is currently on red. He says there killing the Walters left and right. Biggest was 20. I believe they got on the lake last night.

Posted on: 2016/12/31 13:30

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page