Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Humminbird Helix Ice combos
LSF Member
From MN
I bought a Helix 7 last spring and I'm thinking about purchasing a case and ice ducer.

One thing I cannot find on the features is a 'zoom' feature. Anyone know if you're able to zoom water columns on this unit?

Any reviews of the Helix 5 or 7 ice combo? Interference with Marcums/Vex?

Thanks

Posted on: 2016/12/29 15:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Humminbird Helix Ice combos
LSF Member
Got mine set up this fall(Helix 7) will report back about interference and other issues.c63

Posted on: 2016/12/29 16:49

LSF Member
From Sartell, mn
I have a helix 5 and 7, I really like them but they do not do well at all when my marcum lx6 is running!! Tons of interference!! The higher the noise reduction on the helix the worse it was, actually ran best when it was set at low

Posted on: 2016/12/31 20:25

LSF Member
From Minnesota
To answer your question....Yes you can zoom on any water column.

Posted on: 1/1 1:48:16

LSF Member
From Fargo/Detroit Lakes/Alex
I run an FL-18, while at the other corner of my Clam bigfoot 4000 my buddy runs a Helix 5 ice. We pick up zero interference with one another, and both operate the machines non-stop right next to one another.

Interference is significantly worse if your using marcum/vex side by side, as it has been for years. I have never fished a marcum with the bird, so I can't comment on that.

The Lakemaster maps are a game changer in my opinion, completely blows your navionics app that most guys use out of the water. I'd rig it out your bird for winter for the Maps alone, the sonar is just a bonus.

If you like the flasher style, you might be disappointed, because it's not nearly what you would hope you get out of it with the bird in my opinion. But the standard sonar image works extremely well, and you get the history going for you as well, so you can see your jigging motions and try and duplicate it after a strike.

Normal sonar mode you can customize the zoom as you would in a boat, I have never looked for an auto-zoom or bottom lock in flasher mode on the bird, I'm not sure it has those features in flasher mode, but i do not know for sure. You probably won't be using that bad boy in flasher mode anyway.

Posted on: 1/1 11:13:44

LSF Member
From Sauk Centre
How is the power draw on the Helix 5? I have 8ah batteries will I be ok for 2-4 hrs? do you run a fusable link? on the small batteries?

Posted on: 1/2 16:46:58

LSF Member
I like the jigging motion screens as well.I have a helix7 and still have to get the hang of it.LOVE the gps function when going in the dark on millelacs(Only placed used gps so far)I mostly use for navigation but the unit so far has performed well.Seems like it draws more power than say an old fl8.c63

Posted on: 1/3 4:36:30

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page