Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Moving to Brainerd
LSF Member
From Southern Minnesota
Sounds like the Wife may be taking a job in the Brainerd area in the coming year.

I personally have visited the area very little and now even less about the chain of lakes.

How busy does Brainerd/Baxter actually get in the summer? I always hear it's the Twin Cities summer vacation area.

Does this mean it's bumper boats on the lakes in the summer time during the weekends?

I'm just a little concerned as part of the reason for the move is to get away to a quieter part of the state to enjoy fishing with nature and not elbow to elbow as it can get in on the southern Minnesota lakes.

Posted on: 2016/12/31 18:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Moving to Brainerd
LSF Member
From pillager, mn
it's not bad as long as you don't seek peace an solitude on the weekends or holidays! mid week is usually the best time to get out and enjoy the northern mn. atmosphere... other wise it's not much different then most vacation areas!

Posted on: 2016/12/31 19:08

LSF Member
From St.Augusta, Brainerd Lakes Area.
Stay away from Gull Whitefish and Pelican on the weekends Memorial day on and you should be good. Very rude people/boaters on Gull. I stopped fishing weelends on Gull during the summer because of to many close calls.

Posted on: 2016/12/31 19:18

LSF Member
Obviously, places like gull, pelican, and the whitefish chain are popular places. But there are plenty of lesser known lakes to escape the crowds.

Posted on: 2016/12/31 19:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From pillager, mn
Quote:

WalleyeFreak21 wrote:
Stay away from Gull Whitefish and Pelican on the weekends Memorial day on and you should be good. Very rude people/boaters on Gull. I stopped fishing weelends on Gull during the summer because of to many close calls.
second this!

Posted on: 2016/12/31 20:01

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page