Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: new portable house opinions
Staff Team
From Bloomington
Whatever you go with invest in hyfax runners. With pulling a sled with a snowmobile or atv you will get more wear. I have attached a pic of the hyfax on my Otter Lodge. Imaging if that wear was on the tub.

Also if you are having kids with meaning bringing lots of stuff. look at the option Otter has to hook up another sled behind the fish house. Basically you put a tow hitch on the back of the tub. Now you look like a train and can drag lots of stuff. Others may offer this option but I am only familiar with the Otter system. Yes I am biased towards Otter.

Attach file:

jpg  20170104_195736.jpg (1,252.87 KB)
5905_586dab5514263.jpg 3264X2448 px

Posted on: 1/4 21:10:49

LSF Member
Canvas Craft makes a heck of a nice house too. They mount to an otter sled and can use otters seats. Best houses I have ever fished out of.

Posted on: 1/4 21:22:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Anoka
Get whatever you can afford and fish is trial and error to get it your way.

Posted on: 1/5 0:07:50

LSF Member
From NE MN
I would recommend an Otter house if it is your budget. I had a Lodge for 3 years and sold it to buy a Resort I found on sale last year. Both have held up great and I have put many miles on pulling them behind a sled. I never hand pulled either on early ice due to their weight and full of gear if there was much snow. The Resort has a ton of room and this weekend we had 4 guys sitting in it, a little crowded but it worked.
I would never go without a thermal flip over again either. It adds weight but it feels 70 degrees in there even in below 0 temps with heat on and no wind flapping the canvas all over.

Posted on: 1/5 21:48:46

LSF Member
From West Metro
I picked up an Otter Hub late last season and thought I had found the ideal shack for me. Warm, easy to setup, fits back in the bag after a day on the ice, and lightweight.

Fast forward to mid December and the pole popped through the "reinforced corner" making it unusable. Less than 1 year old and well taken care of. Over two weeks, 3 emails and 2 phone calls to Otter and still no resolution... I might be looking at Eskimo soon, we'll see.

Posted on: 1/6 19:46:16

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page