Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Finally One For The Wall
LSF Member
From Minnesota
SLAB.....Can you send me the cordinates so I can verify if there is any more trophy crappies in the lake or if that was "the one"

Posted on: 1/2 21:39:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
See if Timjo will need a mold and get it done for free......

Posted on: 1/2 22:22:30

LSF Member
Quote:

Ripjiggen wrote:
SLAB.....Can you send me the cordinates so I can verify if there is any more trophy crappies in the lake or if that was "the one"
Funny u should say that.My brother has a place in northern Wiscony that "used to"have a fishable population of walleyes.According to the bait shop and many locals there are NO walleyes in the lake.Well last deer season his neighbor had 3 tipups out and nailed 3 eyes all over 5 pounds.Thru ALL back.Goes to show that seems like all lakes have a surprise or two in them.Good luck with the slab hunting.Remember CPR.The next guy/gal is counting on it!!!!!!c63

Posted on: 1/3 5:31:54

LSF Member
17.8 incher just under 3 pounds(dead half frozen)Some claim they loose 10%body weight,Im not sure! .....Rainy....Canadian waters.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0641(1).jpg (135.28 KB)
20388_586b7fcf8ea66.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 1/3 5:41:42

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
Quote:

BrianGross wrote:
See if Timjo will need a mold and get it done for free......

I sent Tim an email and just received his response. We're going to set up a time to get it on the bump board. If it doesn't hit it on the bump board I plan on having him do the replica regardless. His work is top notch.

Posted on: 1/3 9:27:07

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Great fish Highbeeze! Congrats on the trophy!

Posted on: 1/3 10:31:49

LSF Member
What does everyone consider a mounting sunfish? I hear lots of different things from 10-12 inches. Just curious what everyone thinks.

Posted on: 1/3 11:03:53

Staff Team
Quote:

ps15 wrote:
What does everyone consider a mounting sunfish? I hear lots of different things from 10-12 inches. Just curious what everyone thinks.

I got my first 10" gill this summer. 11" would be my number for the wall. It really depends on the color too me with gills. Through the ice or early spring they just have a brightness that is incredible.

Posted on: 1/3 20:16:21

Great fish and great reading, thanks for sharing!

Posted on: 1/7 14:29:43

Staff Team
Timjo was nice enough to drop by and pick the fish up this evening. What a great guy! I have a few months wait ahead of me but couldn't be happier knowing it's in the best hands around. I'll report back with pics in 12.months.

Posted on: 1/8 1:47:59

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page