Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

whats the snow report?
LSF Member
how much if any did you get out 1-2-17 storm?

Posted on: 1/2 21:43:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: whats the snow report?
LSF Member
From Badger
Too soon to say, it's kind of just getting here. (The snow)

Posted on: 1/2 21:59:03

LSF Member
From Badger
Well, at our place in Rural Badger mn I had all my snow plowing cleaned up at around 6PM last night. This morning I had to do it all over again because I had a fresh foot on average.

Hard to say what warroad and the lake got, but my employee drives from warroad every day and he's not going to make it to work with me today because he still has plowing to do around warroad. He part time plows over there, he started at 9:30 last night, plowed through the night and still not done.

I don't know what accumulated on the lake but I'm glad the group I was part of all got our houses off the lake before it got here.

Posted on: 1/3 10:39:55

LSF Member
thanks

Posted on: 1/3 18:16:43

LSF Member
Maybe if the snow stays around this year the lake can recover a bit....less trucks to prime spots means better fishing next few years!!In years past by january there was so much snow it was tracks only unless you wanted to plow a road out thats blown back in every 12 hours sometimes less!c63

Posted on: 1/3 18:59:39

LSF Member
From On the fish!
I'd say last year was better for giving the lake a break since it was a late freeze and early thaw some places never were open to trucks. And ppl didn't get there sleepers out since the season was so short

Posted on: 1/3 19:19:12

LSF Member
I think the last 3-4 yrs the lake has less pressure due to everyone going to red instead. to be honest I am not sure the northern fisheries can keep up with all the ice castles. I have been fishing LOTW on a regular basis for 20 yrs back when a fish house on wheels was homemaid and the limit was 14 fish.

Posted on: 1/3 23:10:28

LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
Was right around 12" as well on land wheelers point area..On the lake with the wind...Went out to c if the bite was holding true to the couple days before and about half way out to our area decided it wasn't worth the risk..Spent the day on shore

Posted on: 1/3 23:35:40

LSF Member
From Badger
I had heard talk of the lake blowing fairly clean of the new snow. Today I got confirmation that this was a BS claim. At least on the west side. It sounds like about 10" of fresh soft stuff over the hard snow that was already out there.

Springsteel is saying 12 to 16 inches of snow total.

Posted on: 1/5 19:37:26

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page