Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Snack ideas?
LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
So in just 10 days we head on up. I'm looking for some good snack ideas! In the past I've just done the old Doritos, salted nuts, doughnuts, chips & cheese dip. Those are all good, but I'm looking for some new ideas! Suggestions?

Posted on: 1/5 19:28:21

Re: Snack ideas?
LSF Member
From Hanover
Good recipe for snacking.
Ranch pretzels

1 bag of twisted pretzels
3/4 cup canola oil
Pack of dry ranch (hidden valley)
1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
1 Teaspoon Dill Weed
1/2 teaspoon garlic Salt

Mix all ingredients in oil, stir good. Pour over pretzels in a bowl. Shake every 15 min for first hour or so to coat good. Open a cold one and let er rip when there ready. Careful, they are hard to stop eating once you start.

If you want spicy ones, add 1/2 Teaspoon cayanne pepper, be careful tho, little goes a long ways.

I like to let them sit overnight to soak the oil and flavor up in the pretzels.

You won't be disappointed!

Posted on: 1/5 19:42:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Lots of venison jerky.

I love the Von Hanson Maple beef sticks.

For easy and different we get "funky brats" which are different flavor brats from a butcher. Mushroom Wild rice Brats, Buffalo Chicken, Bacon and wild rice brats etc.

Posted on: 1/5 19:50:52

LSF Member
From Lakeville
If you want a great sandwich now and then take a venison roast, sliced thin in an 8x8 pan. Pour in some Au jus mix, an onion and a green pepper. Slow cook simmer at 200deg for about two hours and stack on a bun when hot and ready. Delicious on the taste buds.

Posted on: 1/7 0:45:55

LSF Member
Quote:

orandausa wrote:
Lots of venison jerky.

I love the Von Hanson Maple beef sticks.

For easy and different we get "funky brats" which are different flavor brats from a butcher. Mushroom Wild rice Brats, Buffalo Chicken, Bacon and wild rice brats etc.

Try going to grundhofer's old fashioned meats in Hugo they have over 100 different brats
Gummy Bear, Pineapple & Jalapeno, Raspberry Chipotle, Tater Tot Hot Dish, Reuben, Zesty Cheese Curd, Bloody Mary just to name a few. Check them out they have a list online

Snacks I like doing venison jerky and summer sausage. I usually smoke a brick of cheese. Do bacon wrapped maple syrup salmon bites. Lil smokies, meat balls, Buffalo chicken dip and chips, burger sliders, jalapeno poppers, smoked eggs, pickled northern, pizza bagels mmmmmm im hungry now

Posted on: 1/7 5:36:06

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page