Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

wheel house slush removal
LSF Member
From Park Rapids
what are you guys using to clean slush out in your wheel houses? I made the maiden voyage with mine last weekend. drilled the holes and slowly removed the auger to keep the house clean. that part worked great, but it leaves a lot more slush in the hole than when I fish with a portable and pull the auger out fast.

looking at a slush inhaler or a Fishmor slusher. leaning towards the slush inhaler for a 10" hole. the slusher requires a drill and looks like it can make a mess.

what is everyone else using? likes and dislikes?

Posted on: 1/6 10:15:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: wheel house slush removal
LSF Member
From Maple Lake
Not that you want to buy another auger, but the ION with reverse is really worth its weight in gold in the wheelhouse.

Posted on: 1/6 10:22:12

LSF Member
From Crystal, MN
Slush in haler works great, use one in our wheel house.

Posted on: 1/6 10:22:38

LSF Member
From Coon Rapids
Slush copter. Never leave home without it.

Posted on: 1/6 10:32:52

LSF Member
From Hayward
X2 Slush copter , I bought a Ion last year and gave my copter to a friend, I just picked up another copter, Ion is a great auger but the reverse is nothing compared to slush copter. Also when your setting up the house don't put it all the way down at first, then drill the holes and push any chips under the floor. Now let it down all the way.

Posted on: 1/6 10:38:58

LSF Member
From Central Minnesota
Quote:

SeaHage wrote:
X2 Slush copter , I bought a Ion last year and gave my copter to a friend, I just picked up another copter, Ion is a great auger but the reverse is nothing compared to slush copter. Also when your setting up the house don't put it all the way down at first, then drill the holes and push any chips under the floor. Now let it down all the way.

X2 Copter is awesome. Ion reverse works ok on less than a foot of ice.

Posted on: 1/6 11:09:34

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Great feedback!.

I just recently entered the world of a perm so this is great info for me!

Looks like I need ot get up to Jr Tackle to pick up a Slush Copter.

Posted on: 1/6 11:52:25

LSF Member
From Detroit lakes mn
The Slush Copter works amazing in my wheelhouse.Push all the snow back in the hole and flush it down.

Posted on: 1/6 12:16:12

LSF Member
From Park Rapids
my firebrand sits 9" off the ice. I drop my house all the way down, drill a hole and once I break through, slowly pull the auger out while lightly burping the throttle as to not make a mess. insert my hole sleeve into the mound of slush.

I did this on all 6 holes and did not bank the house. Last sunday it was about 10-15 degrees and windy. using this method, I did not have a single hole even begin to freeze up. never had to scoop ice once after I got the holes cleaned up. the sleeves didn't freeze in either as I was skeptical that they would. it might not work that well on a day like today, but I am willing to try it.

looks like the slush copter is the most economical method of the 3 that I saw. hopefully smokey hills has one.

Posted on: 1/6 12:47:52

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Quote:

CaptainCoors wrote:

looks like the slush copter is the most economical method of the 3 that I saw. hopefully smokey hills has one.

http://www.slushcopter.com/page13.html

List of retailers.

Posted on: 1/6 14:42:42

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page