Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Whose road system to use and how?
LSF Member
From detroit lakes
We've always used one of the resorts to go out with and use one of their houses in the past, this weekend taking the kid up and going to stay on the ice, dragging up the ice castle as I see it's pretty much opened up to trucks and bigger houses.

My question is how do you go about using the resorts accesses and road systems? Very happy to pay for the use of them as its a lot of work they put in to keep them going. Never brought my own house up there. Do they only allow you to set up in certain areas, like gotta stay away from their resort houses?

Any pointers/tips/tricks would be much appreciated! No set place to go out on, 3/4 ton truck and 21' castle so might be limited to a few roads but I'm guessing by the weekend it will be wide open.

Thanks guys... Any current reports?

Posted on: 1/8 11:40:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Whose road system to use and how?
LSF Member
From On the fish!
Piublic lake you set up where ever you want just be respectful and don't crowed other ppl don't have a current report but heard it's kinda hit
And miss

Posted on: 1/8 12:28:46

LSF Member
From Zipple Bay & Plymouth
Of course depends what area of the lake you want to fish on.
On the river access most people us Adrian's road. You stop at their office and buy a road pass for $10/day and take their road out across 4 mile bay and onto the main lake, also use their road there.

On south shore you can use Bostic creek or Zippel Bay to access lake. Bostic best to use Morris Point resort, on Zippel Bay best to use Zippel bay resort. All charge daily dee for access.

Suggest you look at map, call resort to make sure they are allowing trucks and big wheel houses out. My understanding most are now allowing, but conditions do change daily.

Good luck.

Posted on: 1/8 14:32:55

LSF Member
From central mn/ l.o.t.w
Please don't set up too close to roads with the extra weight from the plowed piled snow it floods our roads out and can definitely cause some stress

Posted on: 1/8 16:53:34

LSF Member
From detroit lakes
Quote:

TW wrote:
Please don't set up too close to roads with the extra weight from the plowed piled snow it floods our roads out and can definitely cause some stress

Good to know, thanks for the heads up... just want to make sure to be courteous. That is why I asked about setting up around one of the resorts sets, I know it's a public lake, just don't wanna piss anyone off and if there was some "unspoken" code about setting up off one of their side roads. Being 3 hours away I don't wanna take my plow truck up.

Anyone having any luck? Hard to take the resort reports seriously

Posted on: 1/8 17:08:03

LSF Member
From Zipple Bay & Plymouth
usually if you ask and pay, resort will plow a spot for your wheel house.

Posted on: 1/8 17:28:54

LSF Member
From Albertville
Just got back, Adrians is wide open no restrictions ,-24 Friday morning ,glow pink was our best color,31 ft of water, cleaned 24 put at least 30 dinks back ,4 guys 2 days fishing, not keeping 13 in fish no mater how slow fishing is,good luck and let us know how u did.

Posted on: 1/8 19:40:19

Just called adrians and they still told me only 3/4 tons up to 17' who did you talk to that said anything goes now

Posted on: 1/8 21:18:21

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page