Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Is Otter customer service good?
LSF Member
Hi, Bought a Otter hub house today. Got it out and one of the tie downs for the ice anchors is sewn on 4 inches away from the corner. Bought it at a local bait shop. Owner will be there tomorrow I will take it up with him first but will I have a lot of issues If I need to send to otter? Never had a Otter hope it's better than this.

Posted on: 1/8 20:05:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Is Otter customer service good?
LSF Member
That's the way mine is on all the corners

Posted on: 1/8 20:23:52

LSF Member
From West Metro
I've heard all kinds of stories of great CS from Otter. I've got several of their products and have had zero issues with them.

That being said, I had an issue with my Otter hub right before Christmas. Knowing that most, if not all of their employees were off during Christmas/New Years, I didn't expect a speedy resolution.

I've talked to two of their CS reps on the phone so far and they've been very friendly/helpful. I'm hoping to get my issue resolved tomorrow or Tuesday so I'll update this thread then. Based on my experience so far I'm hopeful they'll take care of the issue. I doubt you'll have a problem if you have to deal with them directly, but I'd guess the retailer you purchased your shack from has some sort of 15 or 30 day return/exchange policy.

Posted on: 1/8 20:35:43

LSF Member
Sounds good. Your tie down straps are not all straight out from the corner? The one on mine is hardly sewn on it. One gust of wind and it would be gone.

Posted on: 1/8 22:20:16

LSF Member
From West Metro
Well, I just got an email that Otter is taking care of the problem with my hub. All the stories I've heard about their customer service seem to be true, I couldn't be happier. Because of this, I'll likely be picking up a Hideout 1 man flip in the near future.

Posted on: 1/9 16:18:22

LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
I had a bent pole in my Otter Lodge flip over so I called them to order the new part. I wasn't exactly sure what the part number was so I explained it to the lady and she made sure I would be getting the right one. My flip over is 3 years old and the warranty is over but she said "Merry Christmas I will put a warranty claim in for you and send it out." I received the pole in the mail two days later. After experiencing their awesome customer service, they got my business from now on. Decided to actually buy an Otter hub house as well last week.

Posted on: 1/9 16:30:55

LSF Member
Hi Guys, there customer service is great. First I called Actually got a live person. Sent in some pics. Within 2 hours my answer. The strap for the ice pick to go through is off to the side on the doorway to prevent you from tripping on it. End of story made that way. Looking over the house found 1 ice pick bent and 1 rope missing called back it's in the mail. Wow. I did say just a short note saying it's made that way would be nice no complaints love the house.

Posted on: 1/9 17:47:30

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page