Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Otter XT Pro Cabin
LSF Member
From West Fargo, ND
Does anybody have one of these and a truck with a 5.5ft bed? Just curious if it fits or not because it lists the dimensions right at 5.5ft(66"). Thanks!

Posted on: 1/8 20:09:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Otter XT Pro Cabin
LSF Member
From West Metro
Edit: Wrong thread

Posted on: 1/8 20:32:33

LSF Member
From Zipple Bay & Plymouth
no its not. good question

Posted on: 1/8 20:45:29

LSF Member
From Forest Lake, MN
I've heard from others that have an F150 with a 5.5 that the XT Pro Cabin fits but it's tight. I have the 6.5 bed so it fits with room to go, but I use the truck bed for my ATV, then strap my Otter XT Pro Cabin to one of those cargo racks that slides in to the receiver for the trailer hitch. Works great!

Posted on: 1/8 20:50:20

LSF Member
From Hastings/ Harris
Kind off the same idea, but for perspective, I have a Tahoe and with the seats down, my 2 person Otter barely fits with not much room for gear. plus I couldn't get it up and into the back if it had gear in it.
I load it into a 4X8 trailer with sides and it has room for the auger and propane tanks.

Posted on: 1/8 20:59:14

LSF Member
I think the dimensions are without all the material.

I have the Otter XT Pro Cabin too, it fits in my suburban without putting the second row seats down, but material sticking out gets crunched a little when you shut the gate. The sled might flex some too.

I'm on my second season with it and I have a lot of dislikes about it.

Posted on: 1/8 21:39:45

LSF Member
Pclark,

What don't you like about the Otter?

Posted on: 1/8 21:46:54

LSF Member
My first house is an Eskimo Quick Flip II, I bought the Otter because the bench seat and seat height in my Eskimo was tough on my back.

It is a real wrestling match to load in a truck by yourself, I'm 6'2 and 240.

The material is quite stiff in the cold creating a number of issues.

The poles do not slide as smoothly as they should, could be compounded by material resistance.

I probably assembled it a little tight but getting the poles clicked in can be hit or miss.

The Velcro in the first set of poles slides way down the pole and stops it from extending until you slide it over the bend.

Skirt gets twisted up on the rail and it's too stiff to lay down on its own.

The seat system and a buddy heater completely fill the sled.

The sled design prevents you from sliding seats closer to the edge.

The seat bracket is so-so.

I love the size, warmth, skirt along the sled, material quality, and the seats are great.

Posted on: 1/8 22:09:01

LSF Member
From Mille lacs
I have a 2011 f150 with a 5.5' box and a new otter pro cabin. The house fits perfectly in the back of my truck. Just make sure you tuck in the canvas every time you fold your house down otherwise it will be difficult to shut your tailgate.

Posted on: 1/9 0:41:40

LSF Member
Quote:

Derek wrote:
I have a 2011 f150 with a 5.5' box and a new otter pro cabin. The house fits perfectly in the back of my truck. Just make sure you tuck in the canvas every time you fold your house down otherwise it will be difficult to shut your tailgate.

2016 F150 Crew Cab with the 5.5' box, Otter XT650 Cabin. Like Derek says, just tuck the fabric in when you collapse the house. Fits perfectly with the tailgate shut. I can also close my Access cover on top with no issues.

Posted on: 1/9 8:42:01

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page