Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

LOW West Side Report
Fished out of Springsteel for the first time this past weekend, by far the slowest fishing I have seen in the 10 years I have been going up. We had less than 10 eaters between 8 if us in 2 days biggest was 15". One thing that I did witness this year was a lot of disrespectful guys. Due to the snow, people had to stay close to the resort roads, but I have never seen so many people just plop down and start fishing 10' away and the amount of trucks that thought they should come down the dead end finger I was on and drive past the shack. No one owns the lake but be respectful, there is plenty of water up there.

Posted on: 1/9 20:08:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: LOW West Side Report
with alot of snow the houses are hard to get off the road. Its not disrespectful, sometimes its the only way to get out and fish especially wheel houses. your right no one owns the lake, If you want to fish alone take a sled and a flip and go away from the wheel houses and off the roads. Ice towns are nothing new its apart of MN ice fishing.

Posted on: 1/10 22:19:15

LSF Member
From Badger
West side is very slow, I'm thinking about venturing east.

Posted on: 1/11 13:24:55

LSF Member
From Dickinson, ND
Quote:

rprobst01 wrote:
Fished out of Springsteel for the first time this past weekend, by far the slowest fishing I have seen in the 10 years I have been going up. We had less than 10 eaters between 8 if us in 2 days biggest was 15". One thing that I did witness this year was a lot of disrespectful guys. Due to the snow, people had to stay close to the resort roads, but I have never seen so many people just plop down and start fishing 10' away and the amount of trucks that thought they should come down the dead end finger I was on and drive past the shack. No one owns the lake but be respectful, there is plenty of water up there.

Plenty of water but plenty of snow too bud... I'm guessing if there was less snow clogging things up it wouldn't be so congested, right?

Posted on: 1/12 1:28:27

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page