Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Ice Castle Furnace
LSF Member
From Monticello
You would thin I would know the answer to this question...but... If you have 110 hooked up to the house, do you have to have the battery hooked up in order to get the furnace to work?

Posted on: 1/10 13:24:11

Re: Ice Castle Furnace
LSF Member
From Wahkon,MN
Yes. The furnace is hooked into a 12v system.
But, I would think that if you had a 110 to 12v converter you may be able to run the furnace if the furnace was hooked the that converter.
Maybe someone else knows that answer for sure.

Posted on: 1/10 13:28:17

LSF Member
From Monticello
Thanks,

That's what I figured. I pulled the batteries to warm them up and charge but was hoping to heated it up so I could change out the lights to LEDs and test everything in preparation for first trip. Guess I will have to wait for one of the batteries to charge up some.

Posted on: 1/10 13:39:59

LSF Member
From Zipple Bay & Plymouth
call ice castle and ask about their system

Posted on: 1/10 13:41:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Grand Forks
Plug the house into 110v without the battery hooked up. Check the battery leads to see if you are getting 12vdc, this will indicate if you have a convertor that charges the battery when hooked up to shore power. If so you will power to your furnace.

After running into the Ice Castle "frozen battery" syndrome, I built my own insulated double battery box. It still uses the side vent, but I now have 2 group "31" batteries, plus my Honda generator that runs 24 hrs.

Posted on: 1/10 20:04:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Monticello
You're right. I do have the converter. Sometimes I wish I would think about it first. I actually am thawing batteries out right now hoping they are okay. I have some nice foam coolers that I got when I ordered crab from Maryland a few years ago. I think I have found my project other for tomorrow. Thanks

Posted on: 1/10 21:29:09

LSF Member
From East Bethel
My travel trailer has a similar furnace.... One battery cant keep up with it running a lot. the 110 inverter doesn't charge the battery up fast enough so I built a box for two batteries and run them parallel. I insulated the box with carpet and it has done the trick for years now.

Posted on: 1/10 21:47:07

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page