Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

21' wheelhouse with 1/2ton or 3/4... What resorts are letting out?
LSF Member
From detroit lakes
Been seeing and hearing conflicting reports... Can anyone confirm if they are letting out bigger houses and who is?

Don't wanna make the 3 hour trip to find out I can't take the house out.

Also, house is 21' with a 3' V... Do they consider that a 21'?

This is off the tourism Facebook page...

"15-20" of ice on the lake. Some resorts are allowing 3/4 ton trucks with wheel houses. Day by day decisions for each resort. Work through resorts as their ice roads are monitored. Know where you are going. As always, safety first.".....

Then reports here are saying it's open but called a couple places today and they say up to 20' with 3/4ton... 21'ers not yet, even with a 1/2ton.

Posted on: 1/11 22:31:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 21' wheelhouse with 1/2ton or 3/4... What resorts are letting out?
LSF Member
From Grand Forks
From the last report at Adrians, on their facebook Dec 29th,

"The ice is 13 1/2 to 17 inches. We will still only be allowing 1/2 ton trucks not pulling wheel houses for this weekend. You can pull wheel houses up to 17 feet behind mid size suvs and up to 21 feet with a 4 wheeler or utv. The road goes out 3 miles from pine island as of right now. I will let you know when the size of vehicles goes up. Good luck fishing."

I would think that 10+ days later and the cold spell the ice should be good now and the road open to all. But, the only way to find out is to call. I will be headed up on Saturday myself, so will be calling on Friday....

Posted on: 1/12 0:24:37

LSF Member
From Dickinson, ND
Pretty sure Cyrus Resort will let you... I'm out here now... They're road goes out 4.5 miles... Call ahead to double check, but I'm pretty sure you can go out with that house with either a 1/2 or 3/4 ton.

Have a good one and tight lines!!

Posted on: 1/12 1:25:43

LSF Member
Morris point website says their road is open toeverything.

Posted on: 1/12 10:26:32

LSF Member
From detroit lakes
Latest update...

Talked to Cyrus today, wide open no restrictions.

Adrian's today as well, up to 1ton with a 21'... 1/2ton up to 24' house.

So what's the differences in roads? Who should we use? One be better fishing?

Thanks

Posted on: 1/12 21:22:19

LSF Member
In my opinion, they're all good resorts with good people. I always put my wheelhouse out of Adrian's road, but the others are very good as well. Adrian's has always been good to spot plow for me and they've went above and beyond to help me when I needed it (blown tire out on the lake, for example), so I just keep going back there. But, I expect you'll get world class service from any of the resorts.

Posted on: 1/12 23:13:54

LSF Member
From Dickinson, ND
Just depends on what part of the lake you wanna fish... Cyrus road is as wide as the interstate... No complaints here... Be prepared to pay for the use of it though... (which I don't have a HUGE problem with) $20.00/day or $165.00 for a season pass.

Posted on: 1/13 16:02:20

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page