Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Blue lake
LSF Member
From Stanchfield MN
Good morning all, Im thinking of taking my dad on a trip out to blue lake. He lives near there and we have never fished it. Any tips or info of where to go and what to target would be great. Would love to try and get into some eyes. Thanks for the help!

Posted on: 2017/1/14 9:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Blue lake
LSF Member
From depths of the unknown
I wouldn't target eyes out there...crappies are the target fish and the either in the middle along with everyone else or main lobe of the lake and west shore in 20+ ft. Good Luck

Posted on: 2017/1/18 14:51

LSF Member
From Monticello
Looking for update on shape of the access and general ice conditions. Hoping to pull house out today with grandson

Posted on: 2017/1/28 12:19

LSF Member
From Ramsey
We were on Blue Saturday evening (with hundreds of others - twice as many as I've ever seen on the lake at any one time in the past). Everyone was driving on from the launch on the east side of the lake and all over from there without any worries.

As I said, I've never seen the lake so busy and it was plenty noisy on the ice in all of the usual places. We marked fish all evening, landed a dozen or more really small crappies, two decent crappies and one better than those - but that was it. I've had better outings on the lake to be sure.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 17:54

From Hibbing
Do you or anyone else fish blue at night? Or any suggestions for a lake around Hibbing for the night time nite?

Posted on: 2017/2/4 20:27

LSF Member
From Ramsey
Last Friday we worked around the lake and didn't find much besides perch to be biting. We went to Spectacle and working different areas and depths didn't mark a single fish so we went over to Green and found a few crappies, but the bite was only good for about 45 minutes approaching dark.

Posted on: 2017/2/6 15:51

LSF Member
From Central MN
Quote:

TerryOlson wrote:
Last Friday we worked around the lake and didn't find much besides perch to be biting. We went to Spectacle and working different areas and depths didn't mark a single fish so we went over to Green and found a few crappies, but the bite was only good for about 45 minutes approaching dark.

It's amazing there are any other than small perch on lakes like Blue and Baxter. The ice fishing pressure is intense, and targeting the highest concentrations of fish.

Sad to see a lake only 5 minutes from home that I can't even justify fishing.

Posted on: 2017/2/6 16:50

LSF Member
From Ramsey
Quote:

TrophyCatcher wrote:
Quote:

TerryOlson wrote:

It's amazing there are any other than small perch on lakes like Blue and Baxter. The ice fishing pressure is intense, and targeting the highest concentrations of fish.

Sad to see a lake only 5 minutes from home that I can't even justify fishing.

I only fished it once last winter and I was on it this past summer, but all we managed to find were small crappies. Year before last I fished it maybe a half-dozen times and we did take some decent crappies and sunfish but half the reason I spent so much time there was that it's not all that far from home for me.

I've never seen so many people on the lake before - easily twice and maybe three-times as many as I've ever seen before. Either they were getting them there or the other lakes in the area have been especially slow.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 16:37

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page