Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Big buddy heater
LSF Member
From On the fish!
I plan on buying one and running it from a twenty lb tank with filter... I'm looking for some reviews on them any problems?

Posted on: 2017/1/17 8:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Big buddy heater
LSF Member
From Eagan
I've got both the Big and Little Buddy, have had them for quite sometime with little to know issues, the Little Buddy starts right up via the. Pilot button, the Big Buddy i need to use a Bic lighter to get started but outside of that, based on my experience, id definitely reco. Love the fact they are so quiet and push out a lot of heat.

Posted on: 2017/1/17 9:25

LSF Member
From Eagan
I have run the standard Mr. Buddy heater with 20lb tank and filter for 6 or 7 years now without any issues.

Posted on: 2017/1/17 9:31

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Get the Big Buddy don't waste your time with the regular one. Most people that buy the smaller one regret it and buy the Big Buddy later on.

I have had the same one for 8+ years.

Get the hose with the regulator and quick connect.

LSF Member
From On the fish!
Thanks been kicking around the idea of buying one for some time

LSF Member
I've got the Big Buddy with the quick disconnect line and regulator. No filter needed when regular is attached to the tank. Been running this one for 6 years and no issues other than the couple extra minutes to purge air from the system if you disconnect the gas line.

Posted on: 2017/1/17 9:57

LSF Member
I have the big buddy with the quick connect hose with regulator. I decided to go that route as I heard its better for the heater that using the filtered hose. I also figured that I'd save in the long run by not buying filters. But then last year its stopped heating on high, then eventually on low too. Ended up being the regulator on the hose. The replacement was fairly inexpensive and in stock at fleet supply, but still if those regulators only last a few years, maybe you are just as well off getting the hose with the filter?

Posted on: 2017/1/17 10:45

Staff Team
I have had my same Big buddy heater for eight years with no problems at all. I only use the 1lb cylinders because they are light weight and easy to hall around and they last 4 or 5 hours a piece and I usually don't fish that long...................Kirk

Posted on: 2017/1/17 11:00

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
I have both a big and regular size buddy heater. I love both, and both are used for different size portable houses. I run my buddy heater off of a 11lb propane tank. I don't run filters on my line, but it's a up to you. I've had mine's for about 4 years now. I've talk to a buddy heater rep, and he states that when running the heater, don't every shut off the heater before the propane tank. Shut off the propane tank, and let the gas inline purge out of the heater. I tried it and it works every time.

Posted on: 2017/1/17 13:07

LSF Member
I own the big one also. I would highly recommend it but it all depends on what your trying to keep warm my 16' house stays toasty with just the big buddy heater even though I have a furnace. My uncle has the little buddy heater and his house is a sleeper cab off a semi that's keeps it well warm enough to fish mine would probably cook anyone inside there like a turkey.

Posted on: 2017/1/17 13:19

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page