Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Looking for a gunsmith
Anonymous
I dug out my old marlin 22 that I bought when I was 14. Haven't touched it a good 10 years. Just looking for a good gunsmith to give it a once over, in the south metro. Thanks.

Posted on: 2017/1/22 13:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Looking for a gunsmith
Anonymous
Bump

Posted on: 2017/1/31 16:09

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Here ya go.

http://www.flintgunsmithing.com/repair

I use Roger for FFL and have seen some of the amazing stuff he does.

Right in Bloomington

Posted on: 2017/1/31 16:15

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Gunsmith for a cleaning/once over? That's like going to an ASE mechanic to check the air in your tires..

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:15

LSF Member
Quote:

JJ wrote:
Gunsmith for a cleaning/once over? That's like going to an ASE mechanic to check the air in your tires..

X2

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:20

Anonymous
It might have been 15 plus years since I've touched it. And I want to say there might have been a issue with ejecting casings. I cant remember. If all it needed was a cleaning I would have done that. 60+ bucks is worth it to me so I can give a safe rifle to my daughter. Tim, I will be calling your recommendation in the morning. Thank you.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 20:25

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Quote:

NateP wrote:
It might have been 15 plus years since I've touched it. And I want to say there might have been a issue with ejecting casings. I cant remember. If all it needed was a cleaning I would have done that. 60+ bucks is worth it to me so I can give a safe rifle to my daughter. Tim, I will be calling your recommendation in the morning. Thank you.

Number one malfunction on auto loading 22's is dirt/gunk. I've "fixed" more 22's with a cleaning, than I can count.

Second thing, feeding/ejection issues often lay at the foot of the ammo. A lot of underpowered ammo and a dirty gun are a recipie for malfunctions.

If you want to maintenance yourself, I recommend the NRA assembly manuals. They are a tremendous resource.

If you are working with a Marlin Model 60, they are a bit interesting, but fairly easy once you slow down and tackle them methodically.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 21:19

Anonymous
It is a 60 JJ. I don't have the time right now to dedicate tuning to the gun. If I lived up your way I'd buy you a steak dinner or 3 to tune it up. 😀

Could you recommend a good ammo to use to prevent issues?

Thank you.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 22:29

LSF Member
From Princeton,MN
Quote:

NateP wrote:
It is a 60 JJ. I don't have the time right now to dedicate tuning to the gun. If I lived up your way I'd buy you a steak dinner or 3 to tune it up. 😀

Could you recommend a good ammo to use to prevent issues?

Thank you.

If it won't run CCI Minimags, you have an issue!

In all reality, avoid standard velocity loads and see what happens. Pick a high velocity load like MiniMags, Federal AM22 etc.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 22:47

Anonymous
I looked and I have 200 rounds of cci mini mags so that's what I must have been what I was shooting back then. So im going to put it in the shop just to be safe.

Attach file:

jpg  0131172259.jpg (4,697.60 KB)
893_58916f16872b3.jpg 4656X2620 px

Posted on: 2017/2/1 0:16

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page