Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Electronics for a snowmobile or wheeler
Looking for advise from anybody who has used their GPS units from their boat on a snowmobile or wheeler. How do they handle the cold? Any troubles or tips?

Posted on: 2017/1/22 15:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Electronics for a snowmobile or wheeler
LSF Member
From Champlin, Ottertail
I have a hds5 gen 2 on the wheeler and it works great bought the standard power plug and added a cigarette plug on my own and saved a few bucks. I use the ram mount so put a ball in the truck, on the boat and on the auger rack for the wheeler and it moves with whatever I am using. I use it for mapping only. Hds9 was too big for anything but the boat for me.

Posted on: 2017/1/22 19:54

I did the same thing. I have the HDI 5 mounted on sled fit the lake map then pop it off and ham a ram mount in my alumna lite fish house. Works great. Never have had an issue with the cold. Hope that helps happy fishing!

Posted on: 2017/1/22 20:10

LSF Member
From mora mn
Same here hds5 move from truck to sled to ATV. Never had a problem.

Posted on: 2017/1/22 21:01

LSF Member
I picked up a LMS-522c cheap from Craigslist, with a MN chip and a LOW chip, put a mount on my snowmobile and it works great. Never any issue with the cold. But I don't use it as a flasher, just strictly as a GPS.

Posted on: 2017/1/23 9:06

Thanks for the responses guys! That's exaxtly what I was looking for. I`ll only be using it for the GPS also. Just get tire of zooming in and out on my hand held or phone!

Posted on: 2017/1/24 10:28

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page