Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Stabilizer Advice
LSF Member
From Ramsey
I'm getting back into bowhunting after being out of it for 25 years or so. My first / last bow was an out-of-the-box Bear starter bow that was never adjusted for my draw length. I shot instinct style with finger tab and needless to say, the bow I'm using now is worlds ahead of what I'm used to.

I bought a Diamond Infinite Edge. I'm sure I'll get several years out of it before I've advanced my skills to the point where it is the equipment which is limiting my further development.

My question has to do with how much improvement I might find with a better stabilizer. The one that's on the bow is a 5" model from Octane and I understand that it isn't awesome, but what I don't know is how much improvement I might expect with an upgrade. The bow is reasonably smooth and quiet so I'm more interested in whatever stability might be gained.

Thoughts and advice?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 1/24 21:49:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Stabilizer Advice
LSF Member
A 5" stabilizer in more or less just soaking up noise. I would throw your current one and a 10" bee stinger. It will actually stabilize you when you are holding on target. They are highly adjustable as far as weight and decent price between 50-75 on internet. Eders probably has best price

Posted on: 1/24 22:25:55

LSF Member
From Ramsey
Thanks for the feedback - I've looked at the B-Stinger line before but I wasn't sure if this would really offer much improvement.

Posted on: 1/28 11:03:27

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
i originally had the simms s coil "stabilizer" but like autumn said, it was more of a dampener than a true stabilizer, i upgraded to a 10" bee stinger a couple of years ago now and thought 10" was too long for hunting, but it is not at all and it really does help with your shooting I believe i purchased mine from eders as well

Posted on: 2/1 9:28:04

Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
I went with the B Stinger sport hunter xtreme in the 6 or 8 inch model. So far I like it a lot and you can adjust the weights on it. I went shorter because I didn't want that much hanging out front while hunting.

Posted on: 2/2 14:28:41

2015 Team Archery Contest Winner
2016 Team Archery Contest Winner

LSF Member
From Cambridge
I run a 8" bee stinger hunter extreme on my current bow. It has helped and is still short enough in the ground blind. I ordered a new bow last weekend and will be running a 12" along with a back bar but it will be my indoor rig for leagues.

Posted on: 2/2 17:39:33

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page