Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

looking for a dog trainer
LSF Member
From The shack
Anyone know of a trainer that they would recommend. I have a lab that I'm looking to get some basic obedience and some work with birds. I primarily hunt ducks and grouse. Thanks in advance

Posted on: 2017/1/25 16:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: looking for a dog trainer
LSF Member
What area? I had my lab trained from Stevenson Gun Dog and Obedience in Ramsey Mn and he is a bird machine.

His first level class is 4 week obedience 4 weeks field work
He only takes up to 8 dogs at a time and trains twice a day

After the first 2 weeks you can visit and see the progress once a week.

The kennels he has are secure clean climate controlled and very nice. ( They even get music to listen to )

When all said and done he will know heel/ walk on leash, recall, retrieves, scent work, place

I know I am missing stuff but I highly recommend

Posted on: 2017/1/26 0:55

LSF Member
From Anoka County ,Minn.
I have had two labs trained by Jeff Latour at Elk river kennels, both turned out very nice. The first one was a yellow that had a super nose on her, found birds other good dogs walked past.

My one year old chocolate male is super high energy, absolutely a bird nut. Almost to the point that he s hard to control, but Jeff did a great job with him. Koda didn't want to take the force fetch to well, Jeff called me let me know that he was going to give Koda a break till this spring to go back and work on it.

Good luck with whom ever you chose.

Posted on: 2017/2/1 23:43

LSF Member
"My one year old chocolate male is super high energy, absolutely a bird nut. Almost to the point that he s hard to control,"

Sounds like my black lab

Posted on: 2017/2/2 0:47

From Rockford/Wabana Lk
+1 on Stevenson Gun Dog. Jeff runs a great operation and my pup came home bird crazy!. Its also really nice to be able to work with your dog once a week when visiting and get tips on further training after they leave. Overall very satisfied with facilities and training.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 10:28

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page