Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Aitkin/Palisade area ice.
LSF Member
Gun, Wilkins, Minnewawa, Big Sandy, etc.

Anyone know ice conditions up on any of these bodies of water. Curious if it is drive-able with a 1 ton truck and wheel house. I would like to run up that way this weekend but if it's an unknown I will pull the SxS up I guess.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 1/31 22:38:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Aitkin/Palisade area ice.
LSF Member
From big lake, and palisade
I would think there is plenty of ice, just don't dive through areas that could have current, like inlets, etc. 18 inches of ice down here in big lake.

Posted on: 2/3 19:12:46

LSF Member
From Cokato, MN
I saw one of the Big Sandy resorts reported 20" of ice. Definitely want to know where your going on that lake!

Posted on: 2/3 20:39:28

LSF Member
From Elko Mn
Fished that area several times this year with wheel house and 1500 Ram diesel. Ice around 20" last time out. Earlier thaw made landing quite rough. Understand they got nearly 6" of snow since then. That may have drifted into landing area and make it hard to see how rough it is. Should think you should be safe with that much ice. Good crappie bite on minnows and waxies.

Posted on: 2/4 3:57:26

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page