Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Snow Goose Guide
LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
My wife and I are looking for an outfitter for a South Dakota snow goose hunt, is there someone you can recommend?? Yes I can google it to find 100 different names but prefer to use someone that comes recommended from others using them.

Posted on: 2/2 13:26:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Snow Goose Guide
Staff Team
From S.E. MN
PM sent

Posted on: 2/2 13:53:08

LSF Member
Neu Outdoors. I've went there a couple times and my Brother went there quite a few times. A couple other guys that I met have been using them for years. We've always had good luck with them

Posted on: 2/2 19:57:44

LSF Member
From central mn
Most if not all good guides have been booked for months by now,goodluck in your search this late in the season,might find an opening due to cancelation's,Top Gun is good outfit that has a great network of landowners from missouri to north dakota.

PS~ Make sure you ask how many guns in the field,no fun if the outfits put 10-12 guns in one field unles they are all friends thats an exception.I hunt with one outfit these days that stack 6 shooters max or if you have (6) friends that want to hunt they'll put you in a field solo,no strangers set dekes out and ecallers etc...BUT keep in mind your odds a of good shoot better if you book more than one day,spring migration can very day by day once they start heading north.

Attach file:

jpg  south dakota.jpg (1,410.69 KB)
4510_5894d8acdc4d0.jpg 2576X1932 px

jpg  snows.JPG (116.15 KB)
4510_5894d8e0c3f68.jpg 1288X966 px

Posted on: 2/3 9:28:15

LSF Member
From central mn
Loopy,

Have you booked a hunt yet? Fast forward with this warm weather,my contacts setup shop in northeast missouri last week,as of yesterday 1/2 of the crew moved to sodak,snows are pouring in big time all the way up to sand lake refuge,crazy spring! I suspect outfitters in the area of sodak will have openings this early,normal years the best time to hunt sodak depending on the snowline is the 1st two weeks of april,keep in mind the leading edge of the spring migration are adult birds and a little more challenging to decoy but fun none the less,younger birds are still coming from southern states.

FYI

Posted on: 2/17 13:57:56

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page