Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Lake Ann by Zimmerman
LSF Member
Looking for a lake to take the grandkids to.

Wondering if Lake Ann would work to catch some small gills? Also and ice info would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

Posted on: 2017/2/4 12:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lake Ann by Zimmerman
LSF Member
I would try Elk Lake you can always bring them to Ridgewood bay for a hot meal and a break from fishing too. My friend was fishing it last night and today for a little tournament his uncle has for his birthday. Said everyone was catching bluegills and crappies. Not much size to them
every time I go there I always have some kind of luck catching some kind of fish

Posted on: 2017/2/4 20:46

LSF Member
From West Metro
Ann is a pretty good lake. I've found that IF you can find the fish it can be good for size and numbers. I've only fished it a few times and it took a lot of drilling to get on fish. It might not be the best option if you're trying to get kids on fish unless you have some general info on where to go before you head up there.

Posted on: 2017/2/5 1:11

LSF Member
Thanks for the info guys. We looked at both lakes yesterday and I think Elk will be better than Ann for trying to get the grandkids on fish.

We just need to get a little snow stuck down to the ice so they're a little safer and will see how it shakes out.

Posted on: 2017/2/6 9:29

LSF Member
Sounds like you are going to Elk over Ann but I thought I would update on conditions on Ann since I was out there about a week ago. About 16 inches of ice when we were out there. We fish out from the beach and the boat landing. We didnt catch much when were out there during the afternoon, a couple small sunfish and one bullhead (I know I couldnt believe it either). Got snapped off by a couple northerns but not much else action. People seemed to be having better luck on the Southeast side of the lake then we were having.

Posted on: 2017/2/10 11:07

LSF Member
Thought I would update conditions on the lake. Had some success on Sunday through the day on the southeast side of the lake in about 12-14 feet of water. Still about 14 inches of ice at the time. Access is getting pretty beat up and is probably worse after the last couple days. Caught about 5 good sunnies and a bunch of little ones. Got snapped off once also.

Posted on: 2017/2/16 15:34

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page