Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Where to go? Bringing new fisherman
LSF Member
From Minnesota
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out this upcoming weekend. So far this year I have fished out of red door and Brandts. Caught a couple eyes, a nice 25" out of Brandts at dark. Would like to get on some numbers of fish though. I was thinking about going to my summer spot out on Garrison reef but wasnt sure how the bite is there in the winter. I will be bringing a friend who is new to ice fishing with so the idea is just to get her on some fish to be able to get her hooked with ice fishing. If anyone could help me out that would be great! Also, we plan to get to the lake around 7am and stay till about 7pm on Saturday.

Posted on: 2/7 14:46:26

Re: Where to go? Bringing new fisherman
LSF Member
Best times 1/2hour b4 light and then again at sundown.We have had runs on sunny days at noon too.Just not as consistent as low light times!!!I know same old song and dance......if possible keep on the move.When I say move you don't always have to go far to connect with fish.Sometimes just pulling your bait up out of the way for a few minutes does the trick.Or switch dead stick/jigging lines back and fourth to change it up!Change minnows every hour if no biters.It's slowed down some since first ice but in general it's been as good a year as I can recall for some time.(Except for perch)Have fun hope you and your "newbie"get into em!!!c63

Posted on: 2/7 16:53:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Where to go? Bringing new fisherman
LSF Member
From my experiences this year mud has not been good
find gravel and rock points / drop offs ...... in 28ft - 30ft for numbers or shallow for big walleyes and you can get into numbers in the low light / dark hours. 8ft-12ft but you can get alot of wakeup calls if you don't mind that. and the shallow fish have been very very aggressive.

Posted on: 2/7 22:09:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page