Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Lake Winnipeg travel
LSF Member
I love my truck and it stays on shore no matter the conditions. If tracks need snow for lubrication then go with wheels otherwise I would use tracks as there are alot of cracks. Supposed to cool down and freeze but not until later in week.

Posted on: 2/21 22:24:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Swan lake
Hey guys, Hows the snow on the lake??? Coming up March 24th for a week with my tracked ranger, wondering if i will need to put the tires back on!!! Thanks Good Luck!!

Posted on: 3/4 18:44:44

LSF Member
From Gaylord
Up here right now. There is no snow. Have my tracks on and it's rough. So I would put the tires on. Did pretty good yesterday. Big one at 30". 4 28's, and a few between 23 and 25. Plus some nice eaters to take home. Out of Sunset Beach. 3 miles out staying next to pressure ridge at 25ft. Blue and chrome rip n rap. Gonna give it a try again today.

Posted on: 3/5 7:15:54

LSF Member
From mora mn
Like to hear that report. Heading up weds. Many people out in that depth?

Posted on: 3/5 9:23:15

LSF Member
From Swan lake
Thanks for the info bud, much appreciated. Good luck Hope you get a 32"er !!

Posted on: 3/5 9:55:11

LSF Member
From Gaylord
Little slower today. But what a beautiful day. Ended up with 1 29",3 28's and 2 24"ERs and a few 15 to 18's. Did lose a monster at the top. Maybe my 32? Who knows but was nice!!! One more day to get that trophy. Biggest thing was to stay on the move. Keep inside or right around the ice heaves. Sorry can't get pictures to download.

Posted on: 3/5 19:39:04

LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
Thanks for the report. I will be heading up Thursday evening and fishing Friday and Saturday. I plan on going out of Balsam Harbor and staying away from the mouth a little bit. Does the water seem to be a little cleaner out deeper yukonman??

Posted on: 3/6 10:18:59

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Out deep at the mouth 20+ it was a little cleaner this weekend. Had a light stain and you could just barely see fish at the bottom of the ice. Inside 20 it had a darker stain. Could only see about halfway down the hole.

Posted on: 3/6 12:01:36

LSF Member
From Bemidji
I will be headed up there on Friday with a group of buddies and we have two ice castles that were gunna use as a base camp. Iv been out of Werner rd acess before but am currious if that would be the best to go out of for not beating up the houses? I read alot about Balsam Bay, which should I use, not attached to either side just wanna be around the south side. Thanks for the help.

Posted on: 3/7 10:40:27

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
If you go out of Warner you may be stuck inside a big breaker that runs from the mouth all the way up towards gimli. Guys are crossing it somewhere, but not sure where as we didn't follow it far enough. It is supposed to be really rough around warner also. Sounds like most are using Ralph Rd that is a little further north.

There was an active crack running up the east side close to shore from south of balsam past Grand Marais. It was pushing up on Saturday at Balsam in spots. Once you get about a mile west of balsam it is a lot nice especially if you stay out deeper.

Posted on: 3/7 12:28:32

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page