Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Lake Winnipeg travel
Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Man Sundie that's some crappy luck with the shoulder!

Posted on: 3/14 8:40:48

LSF Member
From Swan lake
Hey guys headed up to Big Windy tomorrow morning for 5 days. Anyone been up in the last few days that could give an update on ice conditions and fishing?? Bringing my ranger heard the lake was completely clear of snow so I took the tracks off. Thanks a lot!

Posted on: 3/22 12:46:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Correct barely any snow. Main sheet is in good shape, but there are a couple ridges/cracks to deal with depending on the area of the lake. Otherwise running is really good. We were up the 16-21st and had temps from 7-43 degrees so things were moving. There is a ridge on the west side the runs north and south forever, it makes a turn and angles to the mouth at the point south of Winnipeg beach not cross-able with trucks. I have to check with friends on the status of the cracks on the east side. Fishing was up and down.

Posted on: 3/22 13:34:28

LSF Member
From Swan lake
Thanks for the update. Someone mentioned putting a few studs in at least my front tires. That a good idea or not needed??

Posted on: 3/22 14:19:06

LSF Member
From Minnesota
I was up last week. Tires are best option but bring planks as there are some active ridges. Fishing was pretty tough with lots of 13 to 17 inch fish. Try and get as far away from nets as possible which is hard to do but is possible. Good luck report back when you can. Best depth last week was deep 20 to 25 ft.

Posted on: 3/22 14:19:58

LSF Member
From Swan lake
We do have planks. Thanks! Nets marked somehow on the ice?? I'll try to give a report few times while we're there.

Posted on: 3/22 14:28:37

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Chains or tire studs would definitely help. I would put them in or on the rears. I have ITP mud lites tires and they worked fine in 4 wheel. I would of studded them, but I was running up/down the streets to get gas. 6 ft plus planks or ramps and/or a chisel will be helpful for crossing the ridges.

Posted on: 3/22 14:33:58

LSF Member
From Swan lake
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!!

Posted on: 3/22 14:39:54

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Yeah the nets are staked at each hole. You will know when you see them. Oh and cleats are a must for your boots or you will for sure take a spill.

Posted on: 3/22 20:18:39

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page