Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Devils Lake - First Time
LSF Member
Hey All,

Headed to the big pond in ND, Devlis Lake, for the first time and was just wondering if there are any recent reports from the area? Or hints if anyone is willing to share?

Weather looks good at least, but that is not always good for fishing. My fishing forecaster app says Saturday is pretty much bad all day, Sunday is better with a spike mid-day into the excellent zone, so fingers crossed one of the days works up some ND Gold!!!

Posted on: 2/16 15:45:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Devils Lake - First Time
LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
I would check out devilslakefishingreport.com if you haven't already

Posted on: 2/16 16:05:11

LSF Member
Do you have an ice and fishing report? I have group that is tentatively heading up there 3/2/17. Do you think the ice will hold? The way the ice has gotten bad around here I am not optimistic about the 2nd.

Posted on: 2/20 8:45:08

LSF Member
There will be plenty of ice on Devils. The snow will be knocked down and travel should be easier, barring slush.

Posted on: 2/20 11:51:14

LSF Member
Definitely wasn't the best welcome for the first trip to Devils Lake. Fishing was bad, as best. No change from the reports I heard from the week, lots of lookers, very few takers. Did get to see a couple of the Jumbo Perch I had always seen in pics, and a couple of big Crappies, but not the best fishing trip I have ever taken. That being said, "that's why they call it fishing, and not catching". At some point soon, those fish will have to start eating, every fish I cleaned had empty bellies, so someone will score big. Nice fishery, poor welcoming.

Posted on: 2/20 19:58:16

LSF Member
From Duluth
Quote:

F6firecat wrote:
Definitely wasn't the best welcome for the first trip to Devils Lake. Fishing was bad, as best. No change from the reports I heard from the week, lots of lookers, very few takers. Did get to see a couple of the Jumbo Perch I had always seen in pics, and a couple of big Crappies, but not the best fishing trip I have ever taken. That being said, "that's why they call it fishing, and not catching". At some point soon, those fish will have to start eating, every fish I cleaned had empty bellies, so someone will score big. Nice fishery, poor welcoming.

Did you go out on your own or out of a resort/guide?
I'm headed up with a group next Monday thru Friday, fingers crossed fishing heats up

Posted on: 2/21 9:48:33

Rick

LSF Member
Since it was my first time there, we hired a guide. Would have been tough going on our own, but if we go back we will likely do it on our own next time.

Hey, the fish have to get hungry sometime, you may hit an epic bite!!!!! I will tell you, I have never seen a Vexilar light up like that every before, HUGE schools of fish, just couldn't make them bite.

Posted on: 2/21 11:10:37

Pro Staff
From Grand Forks, North Dakota
That lake has not been right all winter. We had one good day out of about 5. The issue is the lake is so full of shrimp that nobody has to eat. The fish I have opened up are just packed full of shrimp. The bad news is it makes for plump fish that are hard to catch. The good news is when the shrimp population has a bad year the fishing will be stupid good.

Posted on: 2/21 12:27:21
Catfish University

LSF Member
From central mn
Seems odd? I always had great luck fishing jumbo's when we popped holes and the shrimp gushered up with the water as we punched through,then in the evening the shrimp would come up attracted by the lights and the walleyes would move in,this was fishing six mile bay. Then during a slow day bite we would find walleyes in the submerged tree's away from the crowds of course.

Posted on: 2/21 12:49:11

LSF Member
Snow - yep heard that before from many sources. Didn't work out that way this weekend. Talked to a LOT of guys, and a lot that were in 6-mile Bay, and it was pretty tough all over, has been for over a week. Walleye guys said it was dismal at best. Our guide hit up all the usual spots in 6-mile and there just weren't any biting fish, or no many. Weather might have them messed up or something....

Posted on: 2/21 12:57:18

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page