Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Anyone ever had this happen?
LSF Member
From champlin
So last night I ran out to my house to pull it off the lake before the really warm weather hits. Of course I had to do some fishing before packing up the shack for the season. I fished for about two hours and got three walleyes right? The unique thing is it was the exact same fish!!! It was 22", had the prettiest tail I've ever seen. It was literally half completely white and faded into darker, and how I was certain it was the same ol fish all three times was it also had a unique gash and swollen wound right at the base of its right fish. All three fish were 22", the awesome looking tail and same gas sounded right fin!!

Has anyone else ever had anything like that happen? Just wondering what kind of odds that could possibly be! Just thought I would share a pretty cool story and get anyone's opinion. Stay safe this weekend!!

Posted on: 2/16 15:48:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Anyone ever had this happen?
LSF Member
No but the other weekend a buddy pulled up a 24" that was on his rattle reel which happened to be froze. Chipped it open to find a fish on. Pulled it up, took our pic and released it. On it's way down it hit my rattle kiddy corner in the house. Just wolfed it.

Posted on: 2/16 15:52:34

LSF Member
From South Central
Haven't got the same fish three times, but I have broke a line or been bitten off and shortly after catch the fish with my lure still in its mouth. I've also cranked one half way up, and lost it only to watch the fish go back to the bottom on the camera and grab another lure. Sometimes they just get hungry I guess

Posted on: 2/16 15:52:38

LSF Member
From Fridley, MN
I had something similar happen on Lake of the Woods back in 2011. It was Memorial Day weekend and about 12pm one day I caught a 30 inch walleye. It was my personal best at the time. Got some photos and released it. About 3 hours later in the same spot caught another 30 inch walleye. I was shocked. Two 30 inchers in one day! Took photos again and released it.
Well, when I got back to the cabin that evening and looked at the pictures I noticed each of the fish had the exact same markings and there was one tell-tale nodule near one of the fins that was exactly the same in each of the pictures of the fish. So I caught the same 30 inch walleye in the same spot on the same day about 3 hours apart. The fish fell for the same jig and frozen shiner each time too. I was very surprised to say the least.

Posted on: 2/16 15:59:49

LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
Thats cool! i have never had anything like that happen but...
I was fishing on LOW in a flip over house a while ago and my buddy had his rod laying on the ice with a bobber in the hole, something took off with his hook and the rod went right down the hole. About a half hour later, I hooked into a good one, fought it for quite a while and we saw it swim by the holes a few times. got him up and it was a 35" northern. I went to take my hook out of his mouth and noticed another line coming out of his mouth... so I grabbed it and my buddy says, hey theres my hook! the line was still attached so we started pulling it out of the water and pulled his rod back through the hole!

Posted on: 2/16 16:01:45

LSF Member
From Saint Cloud
I caught a northern down by dam that had my jig in it's mouth from a day or two earlier. I make my own jigs so it was easy to identify.

Posted on: 2/16 18:08:44

LSF Member
Didn't catch the same fish 3 times, but hooked the same fish 5 times in a matter of 20 minutes. A friend and I were out for some pannies and we had a couple tip ups out at as well. My buddies flag pops up and when he sets the hook, snapped line. Grab another tip up and throw it in, he just set the flag down and we turn to walk back over to the shanty and look back and flag was back up, felt like decent fish and snap. Ties another hook on and sets it back up, puts the flag down and goes to stand up and the flag pops, and snap. I grabbed one of my tip ups with a spider wire leader as he was using mono leaders, set it up and flag pops almost instantly. Thinking we had it this time as he was coming up, wrong, couple head shakes and gone, cut line. My buddy was now tying up a tip up with a steel leader, in the mean time i threw a steel lead on one of my jig poles with a swedish pimple and a sucker. Threw the vexilar in the hole, Fish is sitting on the bottom, but will not even come up and look at it. My buddy get's his tip up rigged back up, drops it back down the hole and that fish instantly comes up and hits that sucker. Finally, on the 5th try, a 42" 15lb tiger muskie, with all 4 of our other hooks in his mouth. Was our first time ever catching a muskie of any kind through the ice.

Posted on: 2/17 8:30:59

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
Quote:

lurkingwalter wrote:
Thats cool! i have never had anything like that happen but...
I was fishing on LOW in a flip over house a while ago and my buddy had his rod laying on the ice with a bobber in the hole, something took off with his hook and the rod went right down the hole. About a half hour later, I hooked into a good one, fought it for quite a while and we saw it swim by the holes a few times. got him up and it was a 35" northern. I went to take my hook out of his mouth and noticed another line coming out of his mouth... so I grabbed it and my buddy says, hey theres my hook! the line was still attached so we started pulling it out of the water and pulled his rod back through the hole!

A group of us had close to this exact same scenario happen a few years back on URL. 3 of us fishing and my buddy on the opposite end of the house hooks into a fish and you could tell it had some size. My friend in the middle of the house goes over to assist in the landing when we heard something slide on the floor. We looked around quick not thinking much of it as the fish had our attention at the moment. As my buddy is reeling in what he believes is a fish the ridiculous happened and he actually reels in my friends rod from the middle of the house, and of course, the pike was still hooked and on this rod. The pike took the middle rod and then took the end rod, spit the hook from the end rod and somehow after the rod from the middle went into the water and the fish was running with it he snagged the bail on the reel with the end rod. Fish was landed, laughs were had. One of our favorite stories to look back on.

Posted on: 2/17 8:51:52

LSF Member
I fished a small lake in SD and caught the same largemouth bass 3x in 2 days. Caught it twice in one day and then two days later I went back to the same spot and caught it again. It had a distinctive wound on it that made it easy to tell it was the same fish

Posted on: 2/17 10:58:22

LSF Member
From Fargo
These stories are awesome!! Mine is not quite as cool but....My brother left his brand new st. croix ice combo sitting on a bucket and wasn't paying attention...he looks back a while later and it's just gone..poof. We'll there's a lesson learned. Fast foward to the next summer we're out pulling spinners on the same general area and one of the guys in our boat pulls up his lost ice rod. Pretty funny.

Posted on: 2/17 11:28:59

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page