Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Fishing for ducks
LSF Member
Going to Fishing for Ducks for the first time and looking forward to it. Should be great weather. Anyone fished this tourny before? I assume it's a blast. Are there a lot of fish caught?

Also, hows the ice. Havent been up in a couple of weeks. Plan on staying in a sleeper out on the flats.

Posted on: 2/17 1:15:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fishing for ducks
LSF Member
From Minnesota
I haven't fished it for a couple of years and can't this year due to work but I've been out there with a few buddies on three separate occasions. It's been fun two years and terrible the other. They use the lake's regulations so if you catch a 27.5" walleye that might win a tournament or a 32" northern, they have to get released right away, you can't register them. The two better years there were several tullibee registered so a lot more fish were caught and on the board but the one year it was pretty much a 3"-5" perch fest other then one lucky guy caught like a 28.75" walleye I think to win it and the board didn't even get filled up. Still a fun time though and how often can you fish a tournament in February in the 50's. Good Luck.

Posted on: 2/17 8:39:43

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Great turnout and we had a blast again, the winner was caught less than 20 yards from us . Our group caught 4 walleye all outside the slot the board just barely filled up but I don't think it was because of lack of fish caught. We seen multiple walleyes caught just all to big or to small. We will be back again next year

Posted on: 2/18 20:33:15

LSF Member
I'm in the skid House right by where the tournament was. It was fun to watch the rush and I'm glad i wasn't in line to leave!

Posted on: 2/18 21:45:12

LSF Member
Did anyone catch a duck?

Posted on: 2/18 23:20:28

LSF Member
From NE Mlps, MN
Quote:

searching4slabs wrote:
I'm in the skid House right by where the tournament was. It was fun to watch the rush and I'm glad i wasn't in line to leave!

No fish for us, dad missed one set the hook but only had the minnow in its mouth.

We sat and waited for the rush to die down and ended getting rerouted to myr mar. We did see two different idiots in what looked like newer 4door 3/4 tons try and cross the heave between the garrison sports bridge and the burger King bridge. Like I said tried... both dropped their front axels through. Luckily both were able to get pulled out quickly. Idiots, that's why there's bridges.

Posted on: 2/19 11:53:54

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page