Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

2017-18 walleye regulations
LSF Member
From Isle/Dayton
I was watching the news this morning; looks as if the hard water season was to good this year and the open water season returns with catch and release for the beloved walleye.

Good news is that the bass masters is returning to lake to help promote ML as a bass fishery.

Funny thing was that the anglers that fished the elite series were catching 7-8 walleyes to ONE smallmouth bass.

Most asked about the lake having a walleye problem and would love to have a lake with this kind of walleye problem.

Posted on: 2/17 8:54:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 2017-18 walleye regulations
LSF Member
From Maple Grove
Do you have a news link?

Posted on: 2/17 9:34:06

LSF Member
From South Central

Posted on: 2/17 9:54:20

LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
Patiently waiting for this one to blow up real fast with the obvious question..............

Posted on: 2/17 10:06:01

LSF Member
From South Metro
Loopy wrote:
Patiently waiting for this one to blow up real fast with the obvious question..............

doesn't the last sentence answer the obvious question you ask?

"Many anglers and businesses have been unhappy with the tight restrictions because they say walleye fishing is what drives people to Mille Lacs. However, the tribes say it's necessary to protect the declining walleye population"Quote:

Posted on: 2/17 10:53:08

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
This class will eat everything in the lake including their spawn in the next year. The fish will be starving and it will be a repeat of a few years back. It is almost hard to believe. Almost....

Posted on: 2/17 12:56:08

LSF Member
Yeah.

I was hoping that they would come to their senses and take some of the Cannibals out of the lake by having a 2 fish over 24" limit.

Apparently they will continue to go with Einstein's definition of insanity.............

Doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

Posted on: 2/17 13:20:27

LSF Member
From Minnesota
The real question which the article does not cover is poundage. How many pounds are allowed for each side. I saw this coming from last year when we broke our agreement with the tribe. Not wanting to turn this into a netting discussion and having it get locked but it is hard not to. I will wait to see the poundage allotment before I pass to much judgement. This however does not surprise me at all. I guess I will be able to fish without to many worries of fisherman crowding in on me.

Posted on: 2/17 14:00:31

Anonymous
Does anyone know about the forage situation in the lake? Based on the way folks have been catching them through the ice makes me think that forage populations are somewhat down relative to the huge 12-15" walleye population.

If this population eats themselves out of the lake, will turn to fingerlings next? It seems like it would be smart to get some of these little guys into people's freezers to take pressure off of that narrow band of forage.

Posted on: 2/17 14:57:56

LSF Member
From West side
As one that fished 3 days every week all winter season & caught so many nice fat walleyes from 13 to 26" I am surprised at this report. I caught one slot walleye all winter & am not kidding when I say I caught more fish this season than during any recent season. I would really appreciate the DNR telling us what they think is going on because I don't get it. The one thing that did concern me was how few small walleyes I caught.

Posted on: 2/17 15:01:23

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page