Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Feb 17 report
LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
Went our of Red Door today and hit Shultz flat. Like to say we crushed them but not so much. Many lookers but few takers. Ended up with 1 and missed a couple more.

We fished 21' to 30' on the break. Had Shiners and fatheads. Tried combination of jigging, set lines and tip ups. Tried about every jig in the bag with same results. They would come in, come up and look at the bait and swim away. Did not matter if you jigged it or let it sit.

Was a beautiful day to be on the lake anyway. Will get them next year. By the looks of the landings I am done for the season.

Posted on: 2/17 23:29:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Feb 17 report
LSF Member
Interesting. How bad was red doors? Heading up tomorrow to stay till Monday but renting a sleeper, so hopefully the fact that I won't have a shack in tow will help me on the access?

Posted on: 2/17 23:34:12

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
It was rough but passable. If schedule permitted and fish were biting I would fish through the weekend but with the rain in the forecast I think it will be really rough come Monday.

Posted on: 2/17 23:40:05

LSF Member
Yeah I've been a little sketched out since I'm bringing my little kids. BUT my thinking is Red Door won't let me out today to stay till Monday if they weren't confident right? And if things take a turn I'd assume they'd contact me and tell me to get off it ice?

Am I assuming right?

Posted on: 2/18 6:51:12

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
They will take care of you. Have fun and good luck.

Posted on: 2/18 8:16:13

LSF Member
Yes.they would inform you however......ice is constantly changing and there is no way to know for sure that the bridge/road/crack will be passable in an hour let a lone tomorrow or 2 days from now..go with your gut....if your feeling "sketchy"then stay home!c63

Posted on: 2/18 23:25:18

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
I just came off out of hunters point. Ice looks good on the lake, it is drilling easier with big chunks coming up during the drilling process, still around 25". The haze helped the sun from doing too much damage. The roads are starting to flood a bit. Lots of slush and water. They had to dump a load of sand at the entry point. Rain Monday and a potential snownami at the end of the week could cause some real issues. Red door is very reputable. I'm sure if their was any danger they will be quick to get you in safe.

Posted on: 2/18 23:44:55

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page