Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Lake Winnipeg roll call
LSF Member
Kirk, the truck went through on the Red north of Lockport. Besides I love my truck and leave it on shore and take my sled or quad.

On the Commercial fishermen....I have a friend who is a Commercial fisherman on Lake Winnipeg and he too found the big girls disappeared about 2 weeks ago.

We were getting the big girls January and February but the REAL heavy girls are in March when the eggs are filling their bellies.

Posted on: 2/22 13:23:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Pelican Rapids MN
Got back 2 weeks ago, had a great stay at the Canalta-highly recommend. Got a 29"PB CPR, my buddy freaked out when he saw the head come up. Going back March 13th

Posted on: 2/22 16:06:55

LSF Member
Kirk, apparently there was another unit that broke through on the lake east of the mouth. I have not talked someone who so it this is wnd hand but it looks like it was a large Ranger type of unit near a pressure ridge.

Posted on: 2/22 20:30:54

LSF Member
Headed up for my first trip there ice fishing 3/10-3/12. Thanks for all the info. Fingers crossed!!

Posted on: 3/7 16:50:09

LSF Member
From Bemidji
A little off topic but I read that your not suppose to have beer in your fishouse and were used to having one,two,three... and so on in the fishouse, does anyone know if they actually care about that rule?

Posted on: 3/9 10:49:44

LSF Member
From Minnesota
That is correct. There is no drinking on the lake. If you are smart and responsible and clean up after yourself you are probably fine. However I have seen CO's stopping people at the landing to talk and making sure folks are not drunk when coming off the ice. In my opinion it is hard lake to drink on unless you are not a die hard ice fisherman. In my group anyway we are constantly moving and locating schools of fish. I cant even remember the last time I hunkered down in a shack on this lake, but that is up to the fisherman. The fact that your off the lake at dark we save our beverages for the evening, but to each there own. Be smart and keep an eye out and you should be fine. But make sure it is a good Canadian beer as they might be more offended if you are drink crappy US beer.

Posted on: 3/9 12:34:53

LSF Member
From Bemidji
Quote:

Ripjiggen wrote:
That is correct. There is no drinking on the lake. If you are smart and responsible and clean up after yourself you are probably fine. However I have seen CO's stopping people at the landing to talk and making sure folks are not drunk when coming off the ice. In my opinion it is hard lake to drink on unless you are not a die hard ice fisherman. In my group anyway we are constantly moving and locating schools of fish. I cant even remember the last time I hunkered down in a shack on this lake, but that is up to the fisherman. The fact that your off the lake at dark we save our beverages for the evening, but to each there own. Be smart and keep an eye out and you should be fine. But make sure it is a good Canadian beer as they might be more offended if you are drink crappy US beer.

Ill make sure its Budweiser in the American Flag cans! USA!!! Thanks for the advice.

Posted on: 3/9 16:48:59

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page