Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Any past experiences on Burntside lake in may?
LSF Member
Im heading up to Burntside lake the weekend of may 24th and I've never fished up by Ely before. I was wondering if anyone had any Burntside lake walleye experiences that they were willing to share? Im not looking for your spot just a few pointers on what I should be looking for while I'm up there to have a successful trip. TIA!

Posted on: 2/22 13:06:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Any past experiences on Burntside lake in may?
LSF Member
From Shafer
there are better walleye lakes in the area, Burnside is full of smelt so you have lots of food in the lake. when I lived in Ely on Burnside lake that lake will get miles long smelt runs that can be seen from the air. Fishing is alright just the fish can be finicky for baits that look like smelt. night trolling was the best producer for me.

Posted on: 2/22 13:39:25

LSF Member
I've always heard it's a night bite, otherwise your wasting your time. I fished there memorial weekend a couple years ago and was able to catch lakers and big northern pike in shallow water. Still worth a shot, as it's a very pretty lake.

Posted on: 2/22 19:37:49

LSF Member
Ok thank you, If I've heard correctly this lake has very steep drops and breaks in it. how do people typically target walleye there if 1 second your in 10 feet the next your in 80? I'm used to Lindy rigging off the bottom but I don't see this really being an option. Any tips?

Posted on: 2/27 12:38:05

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page