Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports


 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

(1) 2 »



It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
01/15/2008
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Posts: 1034
Looks like all the resorts are closed to vehicles this weekend. What a shame. Another bad deal for the resorts, #1 weekend of the winter lost. I will miss the extravaganza for the first time since the 90's. I was able to locate some damn nice tullies this past weekend too. We got about 30 for 4 guys, alot in the 14"-16" range which is historically very nice for Mille Lacs. Reminded me of LOW bees. The DNR has taken away the late ice bite for the resorts too. With Tullibee limit of only 10 and no perch, who would go? Fishing pressure has almost zero effect on tullie populations, it is all based on warm summer die offs. All political. Like everything else on Mille Lacs....

Attach file:



jpg  16832408_10207777892636734_6947968427355738275_n.jpg (96.49 KB)
5485_58af4a067e7d1.jpg 720X960 px

Posted on: 2/23 15:46:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
01/01/2013
From Fargo
Posts: 804
Yum!

Posted on: 2/23 16:12:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
11/23/2015
From Minnesota
Posts: 540
Rocky reef is open

Posted on: 2/23 17:43:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
02/16/2005
Posts: 1256
So the ice has deteriorated enough to prohibit vehicle traffic, there aren't high enough perch numbers to attract crowds, and you left the lake with 10 fewer tullibees than what is legal for your group of 4. So how is any of that the DNRs fault? They caused a crazy February warm up, took out all the big perch (looks like you found 3 real fatties), and they told you to keep only 3/4 of your limit o tullibees?

Posted on: 2/23 17:57:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
01/15/2008
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Posts: 1034
Well.....You obviously don't know Mille Lacs. The perch are gone because of treaty management, with too many predators. 3 perch for 4 guys fishing all day is terrible. If you think that is good you must not catch much. The tullibee limit is ridiculous and should be changed, anglers have little effect on the population and with the bumper crop it could attract anglers but 10 tullibee is not worth it in my opinion. I said nothing about the weather being the DNR's fault. Just another blow to the resorts.

Posted on: 2/23 19:02:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
08/08/2015
Posts: 160
Quote:

Oldstar wrote:
Well.....You obviously don't know Mille Lacs. The perch are gone because of treaty management, with too many predators. 3 perch for 4 guys fishing all day is terrible. If you think that is good you must not catch much. The tullibee limit is ridiculous and should be changed, anglers have little effect on the population and with the bumper crop it could attract anglers but 10 tullibee is not worth it in my opinion. I said nothing about the weather being the DNR's fault. Just another blow to the resorts.


If treaty management has caused the perch to decline in ML then why has Leech also seen similar declines and at least 500 other lakes in the state in addition to declines seen in North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Michigan?

Could you harvest more tullibee? Yes, but 10 is still plenty for one person. How about just enjoying catching fish instead of worrying how many you can fit in the freezer?

Posted on: 2/23 19:27:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
01/30/2008
From pillager, mn
Posts: 710
Quote:

Oldstar wrote:
Well.....You obviously don't know Mille Lacs. The perch are gone because of treaty management, with too many predators. 3 perch for 4 guys fishing all day is terrible. If you think that is good you must not catch much. The tullibee limit is ridiculous and should be changed, anglers have little effect on the population and with the bumper crop it could attract anglers but 10 tullibee is not worth it in my opinion. I said nothing about the weather being the DNR's fault. Just another blow to the resorts.
"I said nothing about the weather being the DNR's fault. Just another blow to the resorts."
.... welcome to the wonderful world of "fish farming" .. such is nature and human intervention one or both!

Posted on: 2/23 19:31:01
_________________
d&j logging and firewood
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
Anonymous
A blow to the resorts is making uniformed public announcements that they are all closed.

Twin Pines is reporting 24" and saying they will be open for 10 more days.
Someone mentioned that Rocky Reef is still open.

I'm sure there are others.

Posted on: 2/23 20:29:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
01/15/2008
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Posts: 1034
Quote:

HawgFarmer wrote:
A blow to the resorts is making uniformed public announcements that they are all closed.

Twin Pines is reporting 24" and saying they will be open for 10 more days.
Someone mentioned that Rocky Reef is still open.

I'm sure there are others.


Again I'm sure you have not been on the lake. All the resorts with an ounce of sense and care about the safety of their customers have closed. I have been on the ice, it is not safe. The resorts with the largest financial stakes this weekend have closed. It is a huge loss to them. It will be a worse loss if someone dies because of the greed and ignorance of a resort.

Posted on: 2/23 20:48:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
01/30/2008
From pillager, mn
Posts: 710
public access's will still be open to use at your own risk! your demise, lives' or die's with your ability to use wise judgment!! the resort's are just covering their liability from law suits from them that lack "common sense".

Posted on: 2/23 21:01:07
_________________
d&j logging and firewood
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



(1) 2 »

 Topic is Locked



[Advanced Search]


 

 
Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page