Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports


 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 (2)



Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
11/23/2015
From Minnesota
Posts: 537
Quote:

Oldstar wrote:
Quote:

HawgFarmer wrote:
A blow to the resorts is making uniformed public announcements that they are all closed.

Twin Pines is reporting 24" and saying they will be open for 10 more days.
Someone mentioned that Rocky Reef is still open.

I'm sure there are others.


Again I'm sure you have not been on the lake. All the resorts with an ounce of sense and care about the safety of their customers have closed. I have been on the ice, it is not safe. The resorts with the largest financial stakes this weekend have closed. It is a huge loss to them. It will be a worse loss if someone dies because of the greed and ignorance of a resort.


So if the resort have to close because of safety why are you complaining that you can't go out fill buckets of perch and tulli. Your saying yourself that it is not safe. Kind of a moot point if the ice is unsafe. Was this just a ploy to take one last dig a treaty management until the spring. When a similar thread will start all over when....Well you know what happens then.

Oldstar is your glass ever half full.

Posted on: 2/23 21:43:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
10/20/2015
Posts: 263
Go to Johnson portside facebook he posted a video of what resorts are letting wheelers/sled out what ones have wheelhouse parking (camping on shore)

Posted on: 2/24 1:18:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
01/15/2008
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Posts: 1020
Quote:

Ripjiggen wrote:
Quote:

Oldstar wrote:
Quote:

HawgFarmer wrote:
A blow to the resorts is making uniformed public announcements that they are all closed.

Twin Pines is reporting 24" and saying they will be open for 10 more days.
Someone mentioned that Rocky Reef is still open.

I'm sure there are others.


Again I'm sure you have not been on the lake. All the resorts with an ounce of sense and care about the safety of their customers have closed. I have been on the ice, it is not safe. The resorts with the largest financial stakes this weekend have closed. It is a huge loss to them. It will be a worse loss if someone dies because of the greed and ignorance of a resort.


So if the resort have to close because of safety why are you complaining that you can't go out fill buckets of perch and tulli. Your saying yourself that it is not safe. Kind of a moot point if the ice is unsafe. Was this just a ploy to take one last dig a treaty management until the spring. When a similar thread will start all over when....Well you know what happens then.

Oldstar is your glass ever half full.


The point is that this is another blow to the resorts. We are talking Vehicle traffic not ATV or foot traffic of course...They will will face another year of catch and release. With the perch down to an abysmal point and such a low tullibee limit late ice does not attract anglers anyway. Of course treaty management is a joke. Anyone who actually fishes the lake knows that. At least the DNR finally admitted it. A limit of 10 tullibee is not biological it is political. Lowering a bass limit from 4 to 3 is not biological its political and will save so few fish it is comical to even waste the ink. So if you wanted to change the thread you just got it bud.

Posted on: 2/24 8:38:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
05/14/2013
Posts: 94
It is ironic that someone who often complains about a different group of people killling fish, wants the rules changed so he can kill more fish. Also, why were you out on the ice if you say it is not safe?

Posted on: 2/24 8:52:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
11/01/2013
From right behind you
Posts: 200
Oldstar please dont post things when you know nothing about what you are talking about. Rocky Reef and Twin Pines and Randy's Rentals all have access's and roads with bridges that are in great shape for all truck and wheelhouse traffic this weekend. I realize you may like to listen to yourself ramble at times but stick to the facts just like Donald Trump. Dont always assume. It makes an ass out of you and me. Thanks

Posted on: 2/24 8:54:56
_________________
If your not a liberal by 20 you have no heart. If your not a conservative by 30 you have no brain.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
01/15/2008
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Posts: 1020
Quote:

fishermanhunterguy wrote:
Oldstar please dont post things when you know nothing about what you are talking about. Rocky Reef and Twin Pines and Randy's Rentals all have access's and roads with bridges that are in great shape for all truck and wheelhouse traffic this weekend. I realize you may like to listen to yourself ramble at times but stick to the facts just like Donald Trump. Dont always assume. It makes an ass out of you and me. Thanks


Your right! All the guys that have been doing this for their entire lives closed and lost thousands of dollars. Just wait and see. Again I'm sure you have not been on the ice either. Whirlpool holes 20"+ and honeycombed spots with 15". Brandt's truck went trough in Cove Bay. But I'm sure it will be fine..... When resorts open to vehicle traffic less experienced folks assume it is all safe.

Posted on: 2/24 9:03:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: It's over
LSF Member
Joined:
06/03/2009
From MN
Posts: 98
Quote:

Oldstar wrote:
With the perch down to an abysmal point and such a low tullibee limit late ice does not attract anglers anyway. Of course treaty management is a joke. Anyone who actually fishes the lake knows that. At least the DNR finally admitted it. A limit of 10 tullibee is not biological it is political.


Tullibee are a very important forage fish to keep Mille Lacs a healthy fishery. A 10 fish limit should be placed on tullibee statewide to protect these fish. Like someone already mentioned, 10 tullibees is a lot of meat for someone who is in need of fish to eat.

Posted on: 2/24 9:37:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 (2)

 Topic is Locked



[Advanced Search]


 

 
Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page