Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Garmin echoMAP 73sv Sonar/GPS versus Helix 7 DI/SONAR/GPS
LSF Member
From In a van down by the river
The Garmin unit is reg. price $1000 from Cabela's, on sale for $450. I was bent on the Helix 7 for about the same price. Not so sure now. For use in a small Lund. Couldn't find a whole lot of information on the Garmin. Any thoughts, good or bad?

Thanks

Posted on: 2/27 11:51:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Garmin echoMAP 73sv Sonar/GPS versus Helix 7 DI/SONAR/GPS
LSF Member
Believe the Garmin has side imaging and HB is extra. The Garmin also has all the lake maps built in no need to buy the $130 chip. So at that price I would jump on it.

Quote:

Gooseduckpike wrote:
The Garmin unit is reg. price $1000 from Cabela's, on sale for $450. I was bent on the Helix 7 for about the same price. Not so sure now. For use in a small Lund. Couldn't find a whole lot of information on the Garmin. Any thoughts, good or bad?

Thanks

Posted on: 2/27 13:58:08

LSF Member
From Hugo
Not sure if the Garmin has an equivalent to Auto Chart Live, but I think that would be an AWESOME feature to have for some of our local little lakes ;)

Posted on: 2/27 14:55:30

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
That is one heck of a deal. Does this include the transducer? I just refurnished my living room and am not looking to spend anymore money but this might be something a guy needs to jump on.

Posted on: 2/27 15:06:29

LSF Member
Yes, this unit has DI/SI where those are extra with HB. Dan- I think "QuickDraw Contours" is pre-downloaded on this unit, which is more or less what AutoChart Live is, I think?

It looks like a pretty good deal, but only hesitancy is using my Helix 7 on hard water, where I don't know how convenient it is to do with this Garmin.

Posted on: 2/27 15:32:03

LSF Member

Posted on: 2/27 15:32:46

LSF Member
From Hugo
I plan to get the Helix 9....can't decide between Di or Si though....I want the Auto Chart Live for my lake! :)

Posted on: 2/27 16:01:17

LSF Member
From Shakopee
This unit is able to draw maps like the bird. I have this unit and love it. Just do the software update and you will be able to chart your own maps. Just throw an SD card in and start making them. There is also a community online where you can share maps you have charted and share them with other users which is nice. Can save you a lot of time putzing around if the lake you want is on their.

Posted on: 2/27 16:42:25

LSF Member
Thanks for the info! Couldn't pass up the deal so I bit. It doesn't have CHIRP tech but I read that the power output it almost greater than CHIRP anyways.

Posted on: 2/27 20:45:57

LSF Member
I also couldn't pass up the deal and ordered this from Cabela's. I was looking into getting a Helix but since this Garmin has DI/SI and preloaded maps, the price difference made sense. I've only heard good things about the ease of use and the clarity of the Garmins. I can't wait to hook it up in my boat! I'll be selling a Humminbird 787c2 with a chip as well as a Humminbird AS GPS receiver puck if anyone is interested.

Posted on: 2/28 10:26:44

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page