Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Tripod style deer stands... Who is using them?
LSF Member
Ice fishing is all but over, which has my mind wandering...
So I have had the hang on style stands (do not care for) and currently run a summit viper climber, but where I hunt up north. Well there is a great grass field in the woods, that I would like to set up on the edge of, but no mature trees on the edge. Got me thinking of a tripod style. My question being, how steady are they? I have to imagine they are pretty decent, or the lawyers would have a field day, but there are no means to harness up... So, what's your vote, yes or no?

Posted on: 3/6 22:49:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Tripod style deer stands... Who is using them?
LSF Member
From Duluth
Most accidents happen on access or egress of stands,I've yet to find one of that type that looks safe for getting up or down from. But if you're ok with climbers and still climbing up into portables it might be worth a look. But they've come along way with stands and a good one is probably pretty $.

Posted on: 3/7 0:14:42

LSF Member
From Benedict
I sit in one it is a great stand....very sturdy and I can shoot bow out of it to

Posted on: 3/8 10:05:24

LSF Member
From burnsville
Look up one of these they look like a great choice for a tripod

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_5163.JPG (1,604.26 KB)
6945_58c0240cabd29.jpg 3264X2448 px

Posted on: 3/8 10:32:37

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page