Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

White Otter Lake
LSF Member
From andover
Just wonder if anyone has fished this lake recently. Haven't fished it since the early 90's but that was for 15 years in a row prior to that. Used to travel the very rough road or trail getting in to launch the boats and then later through Brown's resort on Clearwater lake to take that portage. Thinking of going back for old time's sake and many memories. good luck.

Posted on: 3/8 19:36:10

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: White Otter Lake
LSF Member
I messaged you

Posted on: 3/8 20:19:27

LSF Member
From andover
Thanks I appreciate your message. good luck.

Posted on: 3/8 20:36:00

LSF Member
From Walker, MN
Quote:

Reinhard wrote:
Just wonder if anyone has fished this lake recently. Haven't fished it since the early 90's but that was for 15 years in a row prior to that. Used to travel the very rough road or trail getting in to launch the boats and then later through Brown's resort on Clearwater lake to take that portage. Thinking of going back for old time's sake and many memories. good luck.

Ive fished at Brown's resort on Clearwater lake for trout and also White otter. Trophy fish. Roads are better. Go lots of fun and big fish.

Posted on: 3/8 20:42:04

LSF Member
From Brooklyn Park / Rainy Lake
Pretty much a paved road all the way there and what isn't paved is well maintained gravel to Browns. I had some friends that were just up there a few days ago trout fishing, seems to have done well. Been years since I have been on that body of water.

Posted on: 3/9 8:21:48

LSF Member
I have ice fished it the past 3 years along with Clearwater west. Fun lake with lots of areas to fish. The castle is also a pretty cool spot with lots of history. The portage from Clearwater to white otter is still rough and narrow but I couldn't imagine what it would have been like 15 years ago. Barry and Carrole are still great host. I spoke to a local from Atikoken last winter and he said the road into white otter has improved, never been down it as we always stay at Browns and snowmobile to white otter.

Posted on: 3/22 8:43:06

LSF Member
From andover
Thanks again. The only portage I know of from Clearwater to White Otter is the one Barry has. He picks your boat out of the water with the tractor he had there and put's it on the floating dock at White Otter. The rough road to White Otter was very rough. About 2 1/2 miles long and took us a long time with the slow drive.

Barry also has some seperate smaller lakes I believe with great fishing. I watched Butch Furtmans show a couple of years ago where Barry and his daughter went fishing in one of those lakes. had great walleye and smallmouth fishing. I think there is only one cabin on that lake which Barry rents out as a camp. I have to go back just for memory's sake if nothing else. We were at the Castle also. I have the Castle's story on my site in the Archives. It's about a 20 minute video. good luck.

Posted on: 3/23 6:59:41

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page