Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Take A Vet Fishing - Mille Lacs - 2017
LSF Member
From North shore of Mille Lacs
With the hard water season drawing to a close, most of us are now turning our attention to the open water season and the opportunities to fish the lake this summer. We're making plans already and if you're like me, you want to get out as much as possible.
Take A Vet Fishing is a great way to get out and benefit those great men and women from our military that would love to get out fishing for the day at our 3rd annual event. It's a fantastic way to contribute to a "Day of Giving Back" for our veterans for all they've done and sacrificed for our freedom.
We've started our yearly sign up on our website. If you would like to participate in this year's event, either as a "guide", a veteran, a volunteer or a contributor, please follow this link:

TAVF details and sign up

Attach file:

jpg  TAVF wall of honor..jpg (67.28 KB)
18706_58c16364b2ea7.jpg 480X480 px

Posted on: 3/9 9:18:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Take A Vet Fishing - Mille Lacs - 2017
Staff Team
From S.E. MN
This is a wonderful way to say THANK YOU to those that make our country free because of the BRAVE!
God Bless those who have served the USA.

Posted on: 3/9 13:11:30

Administrator
This is a great organization and as a Veteran I was never treated with more respect than that event. Great people with a lot of knowledge and the GREAT people who donate their time and boats for this event is truly amazing. I am signed up again this year and hope to catch a walleye this year. Can't wait for this great event.............Kirk

Posted on: 3/9 13:26:48

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
Hi, I participated as a guide last year for the 1st time. What a great experience. My two vets had a blast. Actually they tired of catching the 2013 class and we then caught some nice bass to top off the day. I'll be letting my two vets know as they wanted to hook up again.

Also had the chance to meet fishpole and his father, who I believe may have been the oldest vet in attendance.

The Take A Vet Team was awesome.

Posted on: 3/9 14:05:58

LSF Member
From North shore of Mille Lacs
Quote:

engelmyr wrote:
Hi, I participated as a guide last year for the 1st time. What a great experience. My two vets had a blast. Actually they tired of catching the 2013 class and we then caught some nice bass to top off the day. I'll be letting my two vets know as they wanted to hook up again.

Also had the chance to meet fishpole and his father, who I believe may have been the oldest vet in attendance.

The Take A Vet Team was awesome.

Last year was awesome. This year we're adding 50 vets, so we'll need more guys like you guys that can bring them out for a great morning of fishing.
My dad really enjoyed the event last year. As it turned out, it was the last time he ever got out on his favorite lake to fish. He was a launch captain on the lake for nearly 30 years. We lost him in January.
I've got a clip of the very last fish he ever caught......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSG38dukLlA

Posted on: 3/9 14:36:28

Administrator
It was an honor to meet him and very sorry for your loss but to have that on tape is very cool.......Kirk

Posted on: 3/9 15:46:34

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
fishnpole, sorry for your loss. Oh the stories he could tell after 30 years as launch operator. I would have loved to hear some of those.

Kirk, last year we tried to get together the night before at Hunters. I guess I missed you as I did not see anyone walk in the door with a couple of cats dangling to the floor. If we meet up this year, I have a cat story from fishing on the Mississippi a few years ago. My son who I am hoping can also guide this year caught a lot of grief because when the brute came up and he realized very quickly the net wasn't going to cut it, I suggested he 'noodle' to bring into the boat. Wined about not sticking his hand in the mouth.

Posted on: 3/10 13:31:19

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page