Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: 2 cycle oil
LSF Member
I tried to find a link to the story, which I could not, but several years ago an independent company used NY City taxi cabs for a non-biased test of motor oils. They used every kind of oil they could find, from the cheapest corner gas station brand to the most expensive full synthetic brands. They ran each oil in several taxi's, and ran all the taxi's over 100,000 miles with regular oil and filter changes. Then the tore down the engines and checked tolerances against stock. End result - there was no discernible difference in wear for any of the oils of any of the rest, none. There was only one engine failure in the study, and that taxi happened to be running Mobil 1 full synthetic oil, but it was determined to be a manufacturer defect as the cause.

Posted on: 3/29 11:31:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Lakeville, MN

Posted on: 3/29 11:53:16

LSF Member
From glencoe
I wonder if that would apply to todays engines . lot has changed in engines.

Posted on: 3/30 8:19:20

LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
I run the cabelas brand oil in all my two stroke smaller outboards. When I had my old boat with a 75hp Mariner I tried a few different brands. The cabelas oil was the only one that didn't leave a smoke screen behind the boat.

With that being said, my dad still runs XD30 in his '97 Evinrude 150 and 15hp. No issues since he bought it new!

Posted on: 3/30 9:46:25

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Cabela's semi-synthetic is what I usually run. Catch it on sale and it's a heck of a deal!

Posted on: 3/30 10:33:31

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page