Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Deer ticks
LSF Member
From The shack
Well tis the season. Just picked off my first deer tick for the year. Just a reminder treat your dog's and check yourself when outside in the woods or the tall grass this spring.

Posted on: 3/22 20:06:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Deer ticks
LSF Member
From andover
Thanks for the reminder. Giving my lab his meds today. good luck.

Posted on: 3/23 6:48:29

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From Fargo
Apply all clothing with Permethrin. It has really cut down on the number of attached ticks I have found!

Posted on: 3/23 8:22:56

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Yep the permethrin spray works wonders. Time to reapply to my field clothes.

Posted on: 3/23 8:59:52

LSF Member
From Duluth
Reminds me of the spring @3yrs ago,little fella was 9mo. Old,brought him to a WMA for a first "run in the woods". I figured there would be a couple out. Got home,went to pet the little fella and,,,he was crawling with um,,,2hrs later pulling ticks we quit counting at about a hundred. I'll never forget the look on his face,,,just like "Bogart" in African Queen and the leeches.

Posted on: 3/23 15:58:47

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Wow, 100 is crazy. 2 years ago after grouse hunting I took 36 off my dog at the truck then another 10 when i got home plus my wife found a few more later. I couldn't believe it. But 100 it pretty crazy, totally believe it though after the day I had. All but the last few were just crawling and hadn't attached so i don't think there is anyway for the medicine we give him to work. Still crazy.

Posted on: 3/23 22:36:00

LSF Member
From andover
The crazy thing with me is that all the years that I have hunted or been in the woods camping ect, up north that I can remember is that I have never had a tick on me up there. I'm talking about the Arrowhead region. But down here in Andover, I have had them by the numbers. Is this just me or have others noticed this? My brother has had some [he lives up there] but not that many. More in his yard where he lives in Hermantown than back in the woods. good luck.

Posted on: 3/24 7:44:22

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
Quote:

Reinhard wrote:
The crazy thing with me is that all the years that I have hunted or been in the woods camping ect, up north that I can remember is that I have never had a tick on me up there. I'm talking about the Arrowhead region. But down here in Andover, I have had them by the numbers. Is this just me or have others noticed this? My brother has had some [he lives up there] but not that many. More in his yard where he lives in Hermantown than back in the woods. good luck.

I don't get them in Ramsey neither does my dog but my friends dog was over in my backyard and he got a couple on him. I usually hunt grouse up by Longville and Remer or over by Nemaji state forest and I never get them and its rare for my dog to get them if he does its one or two every once in awhile.

But if I go to Kunkle state forest in Princeton or milacs WMA

Watch out boat loads I think I am done going to Kunkle every time I go I have to pick off 40 plus from my dog.

Posted on: 3/27 0:59:48

Anonymous
Quote:

Reinhard wrote:

I don't think that ticks are native to far northern MN. Their range has been creeping north in recent history.

Posted on: 3/27 10:57:23

LSF Member
From Mora
What do you all use on your dogs? Frontline?

Posted on: 3/27 11:01:26

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page