Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Spring Turkey
LSF Member
From Pelican Rapids, MN
I hunted first day of Season B. Not a gobble anywhere for an hour. So I moved 250 yards further into the farm and reset with a jake and two hen decoys. Not a peep for another hour. Then a deer raised his white tail and looked to the west before running east. They were coming quietly.

Two toms and six hens came to 60 yards but the toms stayed with the hens and walked past me. Then the big flock came out. I had 10 toms and 7 hens that slowly came from 200 yards to 90 yards. What a show it was. Best turkey day ever. But now I'm watching the clock as I have an hour drive to work at 10. They young hens were giving that soft slow yelping but then the old hens started screaming. It echoed all around. It is always a learning experience.

The big boss toms stayed back. There were more further out in the woods still. I chose to take a jake that gave me a good show as he slowly came to my jake decoy. Now I can focus on fishing again.

Sorry the camera got focused in on the twig in front of me but you can see the number of birds I was watching in the second flock that came in. Til next year...

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0550.JPG (111.94 KB)
14082_5901ff0c8f419.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 4/27 9:24:37

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page