Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Gander Mountain
LSF Member
Stopped by Gander Mountain Rogers store today. Saw lots of people there for their Store Closing Sale, 10 to 30% off. Didn't find any deals there, better prices at Cabela's down the road. Saw lots of people in the store, but no one buying! Typical Gander Mtn, More expensive than anyone else. No wonder they're closing.

Posted on: 3/24 22:29:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Gander Mountain
LSF Member
They'll price match the Cabela's store down the road plus another 10% of the difference. That's one thing I've enjoyed from the Gander in Fargo. They are usually cheaper than the Scheels in town anyways. Plus they've changed their marketing a little and I get lots more coupons in the mail and email like Cabela's used to do 5-10 years ago, like $20 off $50 purchase.

Posted on: 3/25 6:39:27

LSF Member
From Mora - Knife lake
Yeah there more expensive with no one there to help you. I also got charged tax on clothing by them earlier this year. I called to get that issue figured out over a month ago and they said they would get back to me. I sent emails and I get no response to the issue?! I hope they all go out of business!

Posted on: 3/25 6:51:40

LSF Member
Frustrating as I was very brand loyal to Gander over the years being they were more "locally owned" but even I have to admit that I no longer feel the need to loyal to them anymore. I will say that the store in Lakeville has always been very good, clean and helpful employees.

Posted on: 3/25 8:35:54

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Are all the stores closing? I got an email from gander saying the woodbury one was closing and "everything must go" "super sale". Do they actually have any good deals? I do need a turkey vest and some camo pants...

Posted on: 3/25 8:46:50

LSF Member
I haven't felt the need to step into a gander in at least ten years.

Posted on: 3/25 8:49:41

LSF Member
Granted the lakeville store isn't closing but in the past when iv been there they have very few employees working. Went there about a week ago and they had a ton of people working most of which had no idea what they were talking about or just standing around talking to each other

Posted on: 3/25 9:31:53

LSF Member
I miss the good ol' days of gander mountain being a good store. When the one in Forest Lake first opened, that was the best place in the world! Now it's worthless! Anyone remember burger brothers? I loved that place so much!

Posted on: 3/25 9:35:02

LSF Member
they screwed up when they wanted to be an outdoor clothing store with a little fishing/hunting items on the side.

Posted on: 3/25 9:44:54

LSF Member
From West Fargo, ND
Quote:

mjb86 wrote:
They'll price match the Cabela's store down the road plus another 10% of the difference. That's one thing I've enjoyed from the Gander in Fargo. They are usually cheaper than the Scheels in town anyways. Plus they've changed their marketing a little and I get lots more coupons in the mail and email like Cabela's used to do 5-10 years ago, like $20 off $50 purchase.

They might be cheaper with sales, but every fishing item I've ever checked between scheels, cabela's, gander like lures/line/rods/reels has always been cheapest at scheels at the regular price.

Posted on: 3/25 12:21:49

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page