Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Gander Mountain
LSF Member
Quote:

SIOUX2211 wrote:

They might be cheaper with sales, but every fishing item I've ever checked between scheels, cabela's, gander like lures/line/rods/reels has always been cheapest at scheels at the regular price.

Like I said, they'll price match that price at Scheels plus 10% of the difference, so yes they're cheaper. It would be nice if there was a Cabela's in town as I know they also price match, but I'm sure Gander would be gone pretty quickly if that were the case, which would be fine. I'm not Gander or Cabela's loyal, I'll go where it's easiest on my wallet. It'll be interesting to see how Runnings does when they come to Moorhead. I know they have decent deals as I used a Runnings sale ad at Gander that Gander price matched and beat. I got a DPMS Oracle for around $485. Cabela's wouldn't go below $550 and Scheels wouldn't go lower than $600.

Posted on: 3/25 13:00:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Bloomington
I was in the area so I stopped at the Roger GM yesterday. Says 10% to 30 % off. Ice fishing stuff is %30.

As others have said the prices are so high that 10% - %20 doesn't do much but be competitive.

There is still lots on the shelves. In fact one of the staff said they are still getting trucks with new stuff all the time. They have like 16 weeks to be out.

Posted on: 3/27 8:26:41

LSF Member
From Minneapolis & Myr Mar Villas
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Are all the stores closing? I got an email from gander saying the woodbury one was closing and "everything must go" "super sale". Do they actually have any good deals? I do need a turkey vest and some camo pants...

You may know by now that not all are closing but yes the Woodbury one is listed to close. The funny thing was there was a multi page ad circular in yesterdays (Sunday) Star Tribune for Gander Mountains "First Cast Event" I think they've done something similar previous years. Although now that might just as well be called "Last Cast Event".
Whats's more interesting is that the ad announces "Walleye Expo" next Saturday 4/1 with seminars from walleye pros...at the Woodbury location?? Bizarre to have that kind of promotion at that location when all the shelves will be cleared out!

Posted on: 3/27 12:35:51

LSF Member
Promotions and events go with previous sales cycles.When they get a 30 percent increase in sales(per event) they will repeat every time no matter what!c63

Posted on: 3/27 14:30:34

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page