Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: New 25hp tiller
LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
FYI- Small Mercs are built by Tohatsu, including the 25hp. My buddy and I just had this discussion for his rig which is about the same as yours and my opinion is Suzuki or Yamaha, both have EFI. Just make sure you have dealer support where you are at.

Posted on: 3/28 8:42:11

LSF Member
From NE Wright County
Ended up with the Yamaha. Very nice. The shop says 87 octane with max ethanol of 10 percent is fine. I have always ran premium non oxy in my older motors. Any advice?

Posted on: 5/4 17:31:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Regular unleaded fuel is fine.Just don't let it sit for long periods of time without adding stable.My 2013 efi 4 stroke mercury is nice.Like others have said if your removing the outboard a lot the 2 stroke is much easier to handle no matter what age you are.To me the added weight of a 4 stroke with tilt and trim is worth the fuel savings alone.I had a 20 hp2 stroke yamaha and with the new efi mercury I get almost twice the fuel mileage with the boat trimmed properly!If running a plain jane no floor bare bones portage boat get the 2 but for anything else I would go 4!!!!!c63

Posted on: 5/7 6:24:11

LSF Member
Quote:

junk23 wrote:
Ended up with the Yamaha. Very nice. The shop says 87 octane with max ethanol of 10 percent is fine. I have always ran premium non oxy in my older motors. Any advice?
Let us know how it goes this season!!!!c63

Posted on: 5/7 6:26:34

LSF Member
From Mn
Cant remember what year but outboard builders switched all soft seals,diaphragms,fuel lines Etc.to accommodate ethenol .Follow the producers advice.Even ask if 15% ethanol is acceptable??Looks like that may be pushed through to help corn producers

Posted on: 5/7 14:32:26

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page