Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

BBQ thermometer....
LSF Member
From Spicer Area
Looking for a new thermometer do you all think a wireless one is needed? Or do you think just get a pencil type one. I've had a wireless one for about a year and it already **** out on me. Have been looking at some of the thermoworks products but they get pretty expensive but maybe they are worth it?

Posted on: 3/27 6:24:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: BBQ thermometer....
LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
I have a wireless blue tooth one that connects to my phone made by Weber that you can use up to 4 probes on. Wife got it at Fleet Farm for like $100. Had it for 6 months and so far so good. The last one I had (different brand) wouldn't work more than 20' from the receiver and then the dog knocked it into her water bowl and it quit altogether.

Posted on: 3/27 6:43:39

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
I've been on the hunt for one as well, mainly for the grill temperature not so much for the meat. I've tried the cheap $5 dial ones you set on the grill grates and when the grill hit 500 during hte intial burn off, the internal glass would fog up. so if you guys have any recommendations on the surface temp, let me know!

Posted on: 3/27 8:01:18

LSF Member
From Mora - Knife lake
I purchased one last fall. A digital wireless one. It's a Char Broil brand I think. Stick the probe in turn both units on and clip the readout on your hip if you want and go about your business around the house. Has an alarm when your set temperature is reached. I like it so far for smoking and cooking meats.

Posted on: 3/27 8:20:02

LSF Member
From Spicer Area
Order this one http://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke first impression very well built, going to try it out today on a meatloaf on the green egg.

Posted on: 4/9 8:59:41

LSF Member
I run a maverick 732 wireless and I also have a thermapen

Posted on: 4/9 23:37:33

LSF Member
From White Bear Lake
I have ran a maverick redi check for 6 or 7 seasons now. It has taken a beating. I bought it in a pinch and it has proven it's self. I am picking up a new thermometer this season. And it will probably be a weber i-grill 2. If you have a smartphone, you will be able to lay on your couch and keep an eye on temps with the i-grill.

Posted on: 4/10 7:01:40

LSF Member
From Andover MN

Posted on: 4/14 13:25:36

LSF Member
From Eagan
Take a look into thermopro TP-20 or TP-08. Lifetime warranty on their probes and cheaper than Maverick. If you decide to purchase one send me a PM before you do.

Posted on: 4/14 13:46:23

LSF Member
From Andover MN
That device looks good too

Posted on: 4/14 14:08:20

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page